ACFS Community Education and Feeding Scheme
African Children Feeding Scheme (ACFS) is a nonprofit organisation (NPO) that promotes and supports inclusive education practices in schools and preschools throughout the country. The organisation's core focus is the implementation of funded projects designed to sensitise and empower all role players to an inclusive approach to educating the children in their community.
ACFS seeks to appoint a Programmes - Coordinator (Special Initiatives) to be based in ACFS Head Offices, Gauteng.
Remuneration: Junior Management level as per ACFS's remuneration Policy Framework
The purpose of this position is to coordinate the delivery of ACFS's special child development initiatives across all ACFS centres.
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Workload ratio: 80% field and 20% Head Office
- 1 year coordination experience within the NGO and or Community development Sector
- Programmes Operations Management (Sixty %)
- Coordinate the day to day work of the project initiatives in ACFS operational areas
- Coordinate all partner and or sevice organisations
- Ensure the timely implementation of all target activities
- Take responsibility for the compiling of all reports
- Monitoring and evaluation activities
- Coordinating Campaigns and Advocacy outreach work for ACFS
- Coordinate all donor and stakeholder activities at field level
- Produce timely reporting
- Support the development of child rights and education programme
- Support standardisation of all ACFS centres
- Feed project information into strategic planning processes as well as proposal development initiatives
- Weekly meetings with Programme Manager
- Timely monitoring of progress against implementation plas and corrective action taken as necessary and as timeously as possible
- Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (Thirty %)
- Ensure M+E tools are timeously completed and collated for the programme managers
- M+E resources mapped out and provisioned for from the start
- Timely monitoring of returns to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Timely monitoring of progress against operation plans and corrective action taken as necessary
- Timely synthesis of data in line with reporting schedules
- Keep track of reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Reports to clearly indicate progress as well as deviations and work outstanding in relation to goals.
- Participate in Project research when required.
- Management and Administration (Ten %)
- Attending and preparing for project meetings
- Keeping records organized and intelligible
- Attend sector and donor meeting as directed from the Executive Director / Programme Manager from time to time.
- Behavioural Competencies
- Proactive communicator, able to build relationships and provide support across a range of work areas
- Strong cross-cultural awareness, able to work effectively with diverse working styles
- Can work both independently, and well with others
- Ability to troubleshoot as well as have a proactive approach to administration
- Ability to influence and generate a high degree of respect, trust and credibility.
- Ability to drive is essential
- Teenage Girl programme
- Toy Libraries Interventions
- Youth Skills development
- Youth Exchange and Explorations
- Any other special interventions as they may come online
Project Stream: Programme Coordination.
Discipline: Community and / or Child Development, Social Work.
To apply, submit your CV by e-mail to infor@ACFS.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about ACFS Community Education and Feeding Scheme, refer to http://www.acfs.org.za/.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies