Ndlovu care Group
The Ndlovu Research Consortium is a collaboration between Utrecht University Medical Centre in the Netherlands, Ndlovu Care Group, and South African Universities. The focus of the South Africa-Netherlands Research Consortium is on HIV/AIDS and its consequences for health and society.
Ndlovu Research Centreseeks to appoint a Medical Technologist to be based in the Ndlovu Research Centre in Dennilton and Groblersdal.
The purpose of the position is to participate in all laboratory related activities at Ndlovu Research Centre.
- Minimum National Diploma in Medical Technology (Clinical Pathology)/ Biomedical Technology
- HPCSA registration as Medical Technologist (Clinical Pathology)
- At least 3-5 years working experience preferably within a research environment
- Understanding of pathology test procedures.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and methodologies (manual and automated).
- Knowledge of good laboratory practice and QA/QC is essential
- Knowledge of specimen processing and reading/interpreting of test results
- Basic computer skills in MS Windows
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- Numerical reasoning skills
- Experience working in research is an advantage
- Operates, maintains and calibrates the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results
- Assist in development and review of SOP’s when required
- Provide technical support within laboratory in order to ensure the efficient flow of specimens and timeous resulting of specimen
- Analyses of results of conducted rapid tests
- Perform administration tasks in order to ensure effective administration systems in the laboratory
- Maintain good client relations in order to promote the image of the Ndlovu Research Centre(clinical research division of NCG)
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with safety protocols.
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Monitoring of temperature of freezers, store rooms and laboratory
- Responsible for adhering to NCG Research Centre protocols as set standard operating procedures.
Behavioural Competencies and skills: Client Focus; Action orientation; Problem solving; Quality orientation; Teamwork; Attention to details; Task structuring, Technical Knowledge.
Candidates should submit their motivation letter and detailed CV to HR Administrator Anita Foulds, at fax number 013 262 3498 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note that if you have not had a response from us within 7 days after the closing date of this advert, you can deem your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Ndlovu Care Group, refer to www.ndlovucaregroup.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies