One to One Africa
One to One Africa Children’s Fund is the South Africa-registered office of a UK-based charity that works with vulnerable and traumatised children, helping to rebuild the lives of those affected by disease, trauma and disability. The charity has been working throughout sub-Saharan Africa in partnership with other organisations for the past 15 years on issues related to HIV/AIDS, SRHR, and life skills. We are currently implementing a project called Enable in the Eastern Cape that trains local women as Mentor Mothers to deliver child and maternal health interventions at the community level, as well as implementing an ECD project focused on HIV-exposed children in Crossroads (Cape Town). We have a strong commitment to advancing child, adolescent, and maternal health in a long-term, sustainable way.
One to One Africa seeks to appoint a Board Member with fundraising and marketing experience to its governing Board, which convenes virtually (via Skype) on a quarterly basis remotely outside of business hours.
- Support the organisation to develop and implement a strong fundraising strategy
- Support the organisation to develop and implement a cogent communications strategy
- Help identify prospective donors
- Actively participate in quarterly Board meetings
- A proven track-record of fundraising in South Africa and internationally
- Desire to actively support with fundraising from strategy development to implementation
- Experience with marketing and communications within the development context
- A confident and adaptable individual with the ability to support Trustees and staff
- High standard of professionalism, integrity and objectivity
- Demonstrated interest in one or more of the thematic areas of One to One Africa’s work (HIV, child health, maternal health, adolescent health, ECD, peer support models)
- Knowledge of one or more of the thematic areas of One to One Africa’s work (HIV, child health, maternal health, adolescent health, ECD, peer support models)
- Experience working for, or with, a South African NGO desired
- Experience in an oversight role
Qualified candidates with an interest in supporting the growth of a small and dynamic organisation are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 August 2019.
Location is flexible, but a strong preference for someone currently based in South Africa.
This is a voluntary, non-remunerated position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about One to One Africa, refer to www.onetoonechildrensfund.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies