Jembi Health Systems
Jembi Health Systems NPC is a South African non-profit company that specialises in developing, implementing and supporting health information systems in low resource settings, mainly in Africa. We work with Ministries of Health in several African countries, including South Africa, Rwanda, Mozambique, Kenya and Cameroon, partnering with a number of international donors and partner organisations to provide software solutions to improve health outcomes in low resource settings.
Jembi seeks to appoint an accomplished and well-qualified Program Manager. to manage a variety of healthcare, information systems, technology and development programs and projects within the public healthcare ecosystem in South Africa.
Remuneration: Jembi offers a highly attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The purpose of this position to work within the Programs Division, reporting to the Programs Director, and be responsible for one or more program areas. This will include guiding activities, implementing agreed approaches, policies and plans; planning and being accountable for program deliverables (risk assessment, resource allocations, budgets); communicating work planned and done to key stakeholders; managing and developing program strategies, budgets, technology, analyses and organizational processes to compete and succeed in a complex and changing economy.
- The Program Manager will be responsible for efficient management of Jembi’s program and service delivery collaborations in the program area. Different aspects of the core deliverables may include healthcare systems change management and interpretation of healthcare system specifications into technology requirements.
- The Program Manager is a field authority and strategist, specializing in leading teams through the formulation and execution of program plans, strategies and functions.
- The wide variety of tasks performed by the Program Manager will include: defining TORs for projects; managing program level risks; account management; relationship management between employees and external consultants; handling daily staff assignments; planning and administering budgets; controlling income and revenue across programs; evaluation and report writing and, managing sensitive communication strategies across geographically dispersed locations in South Africa.
- Directing, defining and coordinating program resources and issues, are key functions in the Program Manager role. Establishing objectives, developing requirements, planning schedules and estimating costs are considered paramount tasks.
- Relevant tertiary level training and advanced knowledge in medicine, public health, computer science, information systems, or a related field
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a relevant senior management, academic or international position, working with highly-skilled professionals and/or managers in health information systems, with cross-cultural experience
- Leadership skills including the ability to innovate and strategize in the domain of health information systems
- Management skills, including the ability to develop and manage a team of technical and programme management professionals
- Ability to represent Jembi at a relevant level with donors, government, international organisations and partners
- Excellent English language proficiency
- Computer literacy in common business productivity software, including Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license
- South African citizen or work permit holder.
- Desirable Attributes
- Masters degree or PhD in Business Administration, Health Sciences, Public Health, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
- Ability to conduct implementation research and write high quality reports
- Knowledge and experience of health systems strengthening and health information systems development in low resource settings as well as the priorities and programmes of international donors
- Programme and project management skills and experience, including project development, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, narrative and financial reporting
- Knowledge and/or experience of establishing country offices, strategy development, programme implementation, operational management and resourcing
- Knowledge of rules and procedures, as well as experience in budgeting and development of grant and project proposals, for international funding agencies such as CDC, USAID, PEPFAR, EU, WHO, UNICEF etc.
- Proficiency in other Southern African languages is preferred but not required.
Enquiries and Applications:
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a comprehensive CV, covering letter and motivation including how the candidate matches the person specification and job function, described above. Telephonic enquiries can be directed to the HR manager at the Jembi Health Systems Cape Town office on +27 21 701 0939.
Please use the recruitment reference number when applying for the post: JEM/PATH/BS/PM01.
Should you receive no response to your application for this position within two weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful for this specific position. Jembi reserves the right to not appoint the position if it does not find a suitable candidate.
The position is a one-year contract position that may be renewed for further defined periods depending on funding and performance. Remuneration will be negotiated in accordance with qualifications and experience. All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants who are not SA citizens or permanent residents must be in possession of a valid work visa enabling the Applicant to work for Jembi Health Systems for the entire contract period.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, due consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems’ Employment Equity and Diversity objectives.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equitable employment opportunities.
The Program Manager will work with other experienced program and technical program managers and country coordinators to develop and manage programs, in collaboration with Jembi’s world-class developer team.
The ideal candidate has strong management experience as well as either a medical or public health background with informatics skills/interests, or a strong information systems development background with experience/interest in the non-profit public healthcare area.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Jembi Health Systems, refer to www.jembi.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies