Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria, South Africa-based candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP). This is a Fixed - Term Employment Agreement.
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth.Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Position Description, Objective & Responsibilities:
Finance Manager will assist the Deputy Chief of Party, Finance & Operations, in the creation, periodic updating and successful implementation of all work plan actions necessary to ensure proper financial management of SAEP according to U.S. Government and Deloitte standards. The Finance Manager will support the finance and operations department with standard fiscal operating procedures linked to: record keeping, preparation of the monthly expense, processing of travel and general procurement related invoices, claims and advances. Job responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage and serve as the direct supervisor to the Finance Assistant to ensure smooth operations of all finance matters.
- Administer the project fund chain, including but not limited to requesting funds from home office, balancing the local Imprest account, establishing petty cash funds, making payments from petty cash, making payments via check or wire transfer, verifying the documentation substantiating payouts, recording all financial transactions in Imprest document. Prepare and reconcile the monthly Imprest Report for timely home office submission.
- Enter the accounting entries into SAEP’s chosen banks’ online banking tool for approval by authorized SAEP signatories. Develop a relationship with SAEP’s chosen bank to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Assist the Deputy Chief of Party, Finance & Operations, to manage the program’s budget and expenditures and meet other financial requirements to ensure adherence to spending targets and budgetary constraints.
- Review time sheets, administer payroll and prepare payroll summary reports in a timely manner.
- Calculate and audit local travel expenses and employee benefits in accordance with the project’s employee manual policies.
- Monitor local time and expense related costs incurred through project Imprest account to provide relevant input to budget revisions and pipeline projections to the Chief of Party and the Deputy Chief of Party, Finance & Operations, to ensure availability of funds for program expenses.
- Ensure the timely payment of the project’s financial obligations, including relevant South African and regional taxes and other obligations
- Liaise with Southern African tax authorities to ensure timely meeting of tax obligations in accordance with the Southern African tax legislation. Monitor and report out on developments and amendments in the taxation system and tax code in Southern Africa.
- Liaise with Workmen Compensation Fund Department of Labour to ensure compliance with earnings submissions
- Monitor CIPC annual returns
- Administer and monitor local vendor payments and outstanding balances.
- Prepare transaction vouchers with appropriate support documentation in accordance with Deloitte and USAID finance and procurement policies.
- Ensure that all finance documents are properly and securely filed.
- Review all Purchase Requests for proper coding and budget adequacy.
- Ensure compliance of travel authorizations, documentation, payments with established procedures.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures in financial areas are followed.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Ensure that project financial records are cogent, of high quality, and are audit-ready and, when necessary, participate in the project’s response to USAID or external audits.
- Provide all required support to Deloitte internal auditors in compliance reviews.
- When necessary, lead the closeout activities of the project from the Finance Department’s perspective.
- Monitor funding levels for ongoing purchase orders, independent consultant agreements, and subcontractors
- Provide timely and effective responses to the Deloitte home office’s questions about financial transactions incurred in Southern Africa.
Minimum Skills, Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Bookkeeping;
- Minimum of 5 year’s working experience as a Finance Manager /Accountant or Bookkeeper;
- Proven proficiency with Finance Software Packages (Pastel Accounting/Quick books/VIP SAGE Payroll);
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and high proficiency in Microsoft office;
- Ability to file statutory returns (VAT, EMP201, EMP501 etc.);
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with minimal oversight;
- Data entry skills and ability to spot numerical errors;
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail required;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment;
- Accurate, meticulous and trustworthy;
- Willingness to work long hours during month ends;
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong professional ethics;
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and able to work under time tight constraints;
- Prior experience on a USAID-funded program will be an added advantage.
NOTE: No relocation cost will be covered by Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC or the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
- Please send a cover letter and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 9 August 2019.
- Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- No telephone inquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Project LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.