Acorn Education is a non-profit company specifically set-up to be a School Operating Partner as part of Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme. At Acorn Education, we aim to transform the lives of learners across our collaboration schools. More than twenty years after democracy, high performing schools in South African townships are the exception. Our aim is to change this landscape and support no-fee public schools in their journey to become excellent and provide the highest quality education to the most underserved communities. At Acorn Education, we aim to transform the lives of our learners and we do whatever it takes to make this dream a reality.
Acorn Education seeks to appoint a Data analyst to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to provide the Acorn Education with the insights we need to continually improve learner results and our support programmes to our schools.Build and maintain various dashboards to assess learner performance by schoolAcorn Education currently supports three no-fee schools in Cape Town and surrounds.
- The precise areas of responsibility for this post will be agreed based around your skills and the needs of the organisation, but it is anticipated that you will be able to:
- Continuously measure performance and assess progress to goals
- Combine data from various data sources and bring them together for analysis.
- Interpret data, analyse results, identify and interpret trends enabling continuous improvement in our school improvement approach
- Use data visualization, reports and data-driven presentations to present digestible conclusions and recommendations to Acorn Education’s senior management team and school leaders
- A university degree (or equivalent) is essential
- Minimum of at least 3 years working experience
- High level of computer proficiency including Excel, Access, Word, Power Point
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively, and as part of a team
- Ability to manage analyse routine data and provide programme feedback
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- No criminal record- candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check
- Own transport is essential
- A passion for improving education outcomes in previously disadvantaged schools
Skills and personal competencies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to think creatively outside the box
- Attentive to detail and passionate about data
- Ability to manipulate a lot of different data, from various resources, and convert to meaningful information useful for decision making
- Ability to work well in a team as well as individually
- Ability to work in a fast paced, pressurized environment
- A strong attention to detail, accountability and execution
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Control and efficiency with prioritization of tasks
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Must be able to use initiative and be proactive
- Accuracy and reliability with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to accurately estimate work required on tasks, prioritise work and deliver to deadlines
- Agile, our agility allows us to adapt and respond to what is most important at a specific time to achieve our mission.
- ‘Can do’, every member of our team is equipped with a “can do’ attitude – enabling us to reach our own high expectation and those of our schools, teachers and learners.
- Optimistic, we believe that a grateful mindset leads to an optimistic and favourable view of life.
- Resilient, our journey will not be an easy one. We are committed to persevere despite challenges that may arise.
- Nurture, just like an acorn, if something is nurtured it has the potential to grow into something greater. We not only nurture our people but those who help our schools grow.
Do you want to use your data analysis and fantastic Excel skills to make a meaningful difference? Are you motivated, adaptable and resilient? Then we would love to hear from you!
To apply please submit an updated CV with references and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject title of the email application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more about Acorn Education, refer to http://acorneducation.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies