Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS)
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”.
Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) working in Mbombela Subdistrict in Mpumalanga Province, Dihlabeng and Setsoto Subdistricts in and in between Free State Province and Fetakgomo-Greater Tubatse Subdistrict in Limpopo Province from April 2019 – March 2022. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit for the position outlined below, based in Polokwane, Nelspruit or Bethlehem.
Overall Job Function
Under the supervision of the Provincial Program Manager, the Office Administrator will provide efficient and reliable office administration support to the IHPS field office.
The incumbent will provide efficient and reliable office administration support to the IHPS field office. Essential duties include but are not limited to:
1. Office Administration
- Answer and make telephone calls as appropriate, and dispatch telephone calls and messages to staff.
- Support staff with photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, etc.
- Coordinate couriering and distribution of documents destined for national office and other external parties.
- Prepare IHPS inter-office correspondence and other relevant official correspondence as guided by Supervisors.
- Order office supplies, stationery and business cards for staff, as per IHPS procurement policies and procedures.
- Coordinate staff ICT support e.g. data bundles and airtime, in close collaboration with Finance Officer.
- Manage petty cash and submit monthly petty cash reports to national office.
- Submit staff travel advance requests and travel reimbursement claims in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Finance Officer to maintain a current asset register for the field office.
3. Human Resource (HR)
- Collate staff timesheets and other relevant payroll documents and submit to national office as appropriate.
- Maintain an up-to-date regional office leave register that adequately captures planned staff leave and leave taken, and share monthly leave management information with HR at head office
- Collect staff leave forms and supporting documents (medical certificates, etc.) for submission to national office.
4. Travel and Meetings
- Collate staff travel requests and travel reimbursement claims for travel authorization/ approval by relevant Supervisor.
- Upon approval of business travel requests, coordinate staff flight and accommodation bookings as per IHPS travel policies and procedures.
- Coordinate ground transport for IHPS staff i.e. airport shuttle, car rental car and IHPS vehicle usage, as per IHPS travel policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update transport logbooks for IHPS vehicles.
- Manage logistical preparations for meetings/ training workshops.
- Coordinate other IHPS events as directed by Supervisors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Command of other official languages would be an added advantage;
- Experience in project or office administration;
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Effective time management and coordination skills;
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive would of advantage.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Certificate in office or business administration, finance or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an office administration position.
- Demonstrated experience in project administration for donor funded programs is desirable.
- Proven finance administration experience would be an added advantage.
- Communication, marketing, executive assistance or clerical training would be also be advantageous
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org.
Subject line should be the position and location/ office you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached.
Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.