Scripture Union South Africa
Scripture Union South Africa has two Regional Director (RD) opportunities available,
one in Cape Town and the other in Gauteng.
SU is needing to find outstanding key senior Christian leaders who are excellently qualified and have
a calling to ministry with young people. The ministry impact of the two regional operations
(Cape Town and Gauteng) is critical as they are two of SU’s key strategic centres.
- Setting spiritual climate for the Region;
- Setting up and implementing contextual ministry plan;
- Networking and maintaining active church partnerships;
- Recruiting and managing optimal staff teams;
- Staff development;
- Budgeting and overseeing financial processes;
- Set regional marketing plan in coordination with the overall organisation goals;
- Promoting SU Resources/ training to empower churches;
- Volunteer development and oversight.
Ideal qualifications, knowledge and experience are:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with Honours;
- Theological training;
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation;
- Minimum 3 years’ management experience;
- Sound understanding of SU’s ethos and contextual South African realities;
- Committed Christian with active church involvement;
- Experience in the NGO/NPO sector will be a significant advantage, ideally in a Christian ministry environment and with youth ministry.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strategic and operational skills
- Project management experience would be helpful
- Great communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Strategic and operational planning skills
- Please send a CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter to SU General Director (Tim Black) on email@example.com.
- Your CV should include your personal contact details, education, qualifications, at least three references with contact numbers and a recent photo of yourself. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about Scripture Union, see www.su.org.za.
"SU: Leading young people to know and walk with God".