Henley Business School
Free Facilitation & Consulting for NGOs in Cape Town
Henley Business School (UK) is extending an invitation to NPOs, NGOs, NFPs, CBOs and PBOs in Cape Town to participate in an Executive MBA programme aimed at assisting Organisations improve their relationships with their stakeholders.
Every year, Henley Business School (UK) sends their Executive MBA students to Cape Town for one week to embark on a consulting project aimed at assisting Civil Sector Organisations. The programme is provided absolutely free, all costs will be met by Henley Business School (UK).
Henley Business School (UK) wants the programme to be of real value to the NGO; this means that the NGO is able to choose the focus of the project so that the students can help find a solution to a real and pressing stakeholder problem. Each NGO is teamed up with executive managers who are in the final year of their MBA studies to work together over a period of two months.
The students are tasked with examining a challenging stakeholder relationship the Organisation would like to improve; this could with the Board, Staff, Volunteers, Funder or Donors, any stakeholder relationship of choice. The idea is to help the Organisation with any challenging relationships they are having and recommend strategic steps they can take to improve and develop those relationships.
This programme provides numerous opportunities for the NGO
- An opportunity for the NGO to delve into a pressing challenge that they are struggling with.
- An opportunity for the NGO’s Management and Executives to engage at a strategic level.
- Henley Business School (UK), a world-leader in this subject field, offers your staff free exposure to the theoretical frameworks of 'Reputation and Relationships' through a one-day workshop, as well as opportunities to network with other participating NPOs.
- An opportunity to tap into and draw from the resources of a diversely experienced executive team.
- The project offers you practical information with real, implementable recommendations to help strengthen current strategic relationships with your internal and external stakeholders.
- An opportunity to be part of and connect with the Henley Alumni networks.
- An opportunity to be a centre of learning for a team of dynamic executive students who are eager and keen to learn and share what they know.
- The programme spans three months and is not overly demanding on the Organisation. The project commences in September with selection and developing the project brief and culminates at the end of November. There is a 4-week research stage that the students will undertake (October) and a one-week visit in Cape Town (18th – 22nd November).
- The project includes time spent with the students, email correspondence, skype meetings and face-to-face engagement during their time in Cape Town.
- The students are mature, aged 30+years and will work in groups with a dedicated course tutor.
- The students come from a variety of countries and professional backgrounds, therefore offering your organisation diverse viewpoints, expertise and experience.
- The project work will be presented to the organisation on the final day, where you will receive slides and recommendations, as well as a DVD copy of the presentation.
- We are seeking five Cape Town based NGOs, NPOs, NFPs, CBOs and PBOs to work with in November 2019.
- The Organisation must ideally be situated within 30kms of Cape Town CBD.
- The Organisations must be well established (operational for at least 2 years), with a governance structure in place, a working office (no home-based operations) and a staff complement of at least 7 members (excl. the Board)
- The Organisation must have a website and access to the Internet.
- The Organisation must have a challenging relationship with stakeholder(s) that they wish to make sense of in order to improve - the stakeholder group should ideally have at least four or more people in the group
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send an email so that we can send an application form through to you:
Sam Dreyer (Program Manager)
Cell: 082 452 6014
NB: Applications close on 23rd August, so please get in touch asap to receive the application form.
Please feel free to call or email if you want any additional information.