HIVSA is a not for profit company which was established in 2002 with a full time staff compliment of over 100 members and is a strategic partner of the Gauteng Provincial Departments of Health and Social Development. HIVSA empowers individuals, community workers and organisations by developing their capacity and resilience to effectively address socio-economic and health issues in the context of high HIV and AIDS burden with the ultimate vision of creating an HIV free generation.
HIVSA seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluating Officer to be based in Gauteng.
- Matric certificate/ a Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
- Basic/ Introductory M&E training certificate or diploma
- Evidence of continuing education in data management, computer skills and M&E
- At least two years’ work experience as an M&E officer or in a data management position or other closely related position
- A combination of education, training and experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the position’s essential duties and responsibilities
- Strong work ethic and ability to ensure programme implementation within stipulated timelines.
- Good understanding and experience of working with Community Based Organisations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage time, work under pressure and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to speak a minimum of two African languages, especially Zulu and Sotho.
- Report writing skills, computer and power point presentation skills.
- Flexibility to sometimes work after hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Required to drive self and in some cases, fellow team members, to sites and meetings using HIVSA fleet or own vehicle.
- The M&E officer is responsible to capacitate, mentor and support M&E champions at site level to ensure implementation of MERL activities. The M&E officer will play an active role in the development and implementation of strategies, procedures and protocols that ensure that program targets are tracked, monitored and reported on timeously.
- Working closely with the programme team to ensure deliverables are met
- Ensuring the role out of CBIMS reporting at CBO level.
- Implement various MERL programme requirements. This will also require the M&E Officer to actively take part in the implementation of Site Improvement Monitoring Systems (SIMS), Quality Improvement (QI) and Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) activities at HIVSA and site level.
- Compilation of weekly / monthly / quarterly programme reports.
With guidance from the M&E Manager, the M&E officer will be responsible for the implementation of MERL activities at site level. The M&E officer will be expected to implement and track the programme performance using the M&E tools, and provide mentorship and support to site M&E Champions to ensure sites report accurately, timeously and reliably the achievements against targets. The M&E officer is responsible to conduct weekly data quality assurance (DQAs) together with the programme team as well as quarterly routine data quality assessments (RDQAs) with the M&E Project Manager and; to ensure quality improvement (QI) is implemented at site level and HIVSA level and to report achievements and challenges timeously weekly, monthly and quarterly as per developed structure. The role involves close collaboration with the CSS Program teams, Partners and other key stakeholders.
- Stakeholder/partnerships management and liaison.
- Promoting integration of interventions/activities across HIVSA’s CSS and HSS interventions.
- Meeting regularly with the M&E Manager and Project Manager to get guidance on programme developments.
- The M&E Officer will be required to drive self and in some cases, fellow team members, to sites and meetings using HIVSA fleet
To apply, submit a motivation letter and CV (not more than five pages), and three contactable referees to: The HR Manager, HIVSA, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 086 244 5444.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies