Child Welfare South AFrica-KZN
Child Welfare South Africa, a Not for Profit Organisation, was established in 1924 and is one of South Africa’s oldest and largest charities. In KZN we have 39 child welfare organisations who are affiliated to us. Our vision is leading to the achievement of a safe and caring environment for children. The Organisation's mission is to promote, protect and enhance the safety, well-being and healthy development of children.
Child Welfare South Africa seeks to appoint a Social Worker Area Manager to be based in Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal.
The purpose of the position is to provide services listed as Responsibilities to seven member organisations in the outlying rural and semi-rural areas of Ladysmith.
- Organisational development in order to ensure good governance and accountability
- Provide guidance, support and mentorship to member organisations
- Development organisation and training
- Capacity building of member organisations’ staff and board of management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist Member Organisations to adhere to statutory requirements-NPO Directorate, SARS, Treasury
- Advocacy and lobbying on children’s rights, child care and protection
- Direct supervision of social workers of Member Organisations that do not have supervisors
- Consultation services to larger Child Welfare Organisations
- B.A.(Social Work)
- Current registration with the Council for Social Services Professions
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a social worker supervisor, preferable within Child Welfare
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a social work at child welfare
- Knowledge of the Children’s Act 38 of 2005 and other legislations related to child protection; good experience in interpreting and implementing the said Chid’s Act
- Report writing skills
- Willingness to travel and must have own car
To apply, please send CV to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Child Welfare South Africa, refer to childwelfaresa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies