Humana People to People in South Africa
Consultant: Endline Evaluation of the Community-led Early Childhood Development (ECD) initiatives for vulnerable children in South Africa 2017-2019
Humana People to People in South Africa seeks the services of a skilled evaluation consultant to undertake an External Final Evaluation of the project “Community-led Early Childhood Development (ECD) initiatives for vulnerable children in South Africa” funded by Government of Monaco, and implemented during the Period July 2017 –July 2019 in local municipalities of Ndwedwe and Maphumulo, KZN province. The overall aim of the project was to identify 40 existing informal ECD providers, train and mentor them monthly, provide educational materials to pre-schools and work with the satellite pre-schools and get them registered with the Department of Social Development.
The objective of the consultancy:
The final external evaluation has as a general objective to reflect on the success and efficiency of project implementation, as well as the rate of adaptation of the beneficiaries of the project. The evaluation also aims to give recommendations based on the lessons learned, with the objective to guarantee the sustainability of the intervention or design future actions. The main focus of evaluation will be on the following four categories:
- Effectiveness: To what extend the project objectives have been achieved and what are the major factors influencing achievement or non-achievement
- Relevance: How useful was the project to the target groups and to addressing the problems and constrains related to the topic
- Sustainability: Evaluating whether the project results are going to be in place after termination of the project and how well the project was implemented in its institutional surroundings?
- Processes: How sufficient the process flows were working, and how could they work better
- Master’s Degree in any social science, preferably including community development, social research and monitoring and evaluation
- Proven experience in carrying out evaluations, including 5 years working experience with the Non-Governmental Sector
- Knowledge of evaluation of capacity building activities
- Ability to produce reports well written, analytical reports
- Must be proficient in English, written and spoken
- Ability to speak and understand the local languages
- Must have quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
- Familiarity with South Africa conditions (political, economic, social and cultural) will be an added advantage
The evaluation field work is expected to be undertaken by July 29th 2019 to August 07th 2019. It is essential that the final report is submitted to HPPSA by the August 26th 2019.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to provide technical and financial proposals (no more than 7 pages) and must include:
- Letter of interest
- Your CV (highlighting past relevant experiences and not more than 2 pages
- A draft methodology of how the service provider will accomplish the assignment
- A draft work plan with detailed activities, milestones, timeframes
- A detailed budget for the entire consultancy broken down into unit and duration costs, and including projected ground travel, accommodation, subsistence costs and taxes if necessary
- An example for the similar kind of work as the assignment
To request the Terms of Reference for the consultancy and/or to submit the proposal: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com by July 22nd 2019; and indicating in the subject line: "Final Evaluation ECD Government of Monaco”
Selection will be based on best value for money. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HPPSA is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.