Iranti is a Johannesburg-based regional nonprofit organisation (NPO) founded in June 2012 to focus on Lesbian, Transgender and Intersex (LTI) rights. The Organisations vision is to build local partnerships and movements to advocate for the rights and recognition of LTI persons across Africa through the tactical use of multi-media platforms, advocacy, research and documentation. Iranti envisions a just world where everyone lives with dignity, equality and freedom, and where diversity in sex, gender and sexuality are celebrated freely.
Iranti has a vacancy for a Board Member to serve in the position of Treasurer. The Board comprises of seven members and the Executive Director. The Board is responsible for the good governance of the organisation and has fiduciary responsibilities in its oversight of Iranti’s finances and assets. Board members adhere to a board charter and the relevant laws related to its mandate.
Board members are expected to commit the time necessary to attend quarterly Board and Board Committee meetings. Board members are also required to allocate time to prepare for meetings.
This call is for a candidate with finance management experience.
- Have a qualification in finance
- Have some experience or commitment to nonprofit finance
- Be knowledgeable on the fiduciary responsibilities of the board
- Experience in budgets and oversight functions essential
- Ability to shape a plan on the financial sustainability of the organisation
- Oversee risk and internal controls on finances
- Communication skills
- Be passionate about Iranti’s human rights work
To apply, submit a CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities