350.org is looking for a digital campaigns professional committed to climate justice. At least two years of advocacy of campaigns work is required.
350.org is an international NGO that is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organising, and mass public actions are led by volunteer organisers in over 188 countries. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working.
About the Digital Campaigner
The Digital Campaigner is responsible for implementing the strategy, using digital campaigning, organizing and storytelling tools to engage people across South Africa with climate justice issues and mobilize them to take action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with campaign and organizing teams to identify opportunities and support the development of strategic digital campaigns
- Implement digital campaign strategies, monitor and manage progress
- Create email blasts, social media and other digital storytelling content (i.e. blogs, graphics, etc.)
- Manage and update 350Africa.org’s social media pages and channels
- Work with photographers and videographers to produce high quality multimedia for South African campaigns
- Explore and implement strategies to grow 350.org’s audience and mailing list in South Africa
- Collaborate with partners on mobilisation strategy, planning, and execution, and attend key gatherings
- Train and support South African 350.org partner organisations and local group organisers in digital campaigning
- Cultivate 350.org’s volunteer and partner network in South Africa
- Strong knowledge of various online campaign strategies and tactics
- Ability to compile a campaign baseline, monitor progress and evaluate the effectiveness of online campaign activities
- Strong online storytelling skills
- Must embrace the principles of workplace justice, diversity and inclusion and apply them to day-to-day work.
- Must believe and embrace 350.org’s vision, mission and progressive values.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- At least two years of experience in digital advocacy or campaign work.
Salary: ZAR 465,000
Reporting Line: Africa Digital Manager
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Employment Status: Regular, 100% FTE
Other conditions: Position start date depending on funding availability