MICHAELS CHILDRENS VILLAGE
Michael’s Childrens Village is a Child and Youth Care Centre (CYCC). It is a facility that provides residential/place of safety services with accordance to the children’s Act 35 0f 2005. It cares for approximately 20 children in a family context. We are a registered House of Safety/Cluster Foster Home/NPO(131-865) based in Mbonisweni/Back Door, South Africa! We focus on children-in-crisis within our community by providing Christ-centered family care which often grows into ‘forever family’ foster placement or adoption!
Michael’s Childrens Village seeks to appoint a Child and Youth Care Worker to work full-time as House Parent (24/7), based in Nelspruit.
This position may be filled by a single woman, a married couple, or a small family with up to 2 children. If a couple is applying, only one person needs to meet the job requirements. Both individuals will be subject to interviews and the screening process. There are opportunities for the spouse of the qualified worker to find additional employment at MCV (please mention if this is of interest).
Purpose of the position is to act as a loving care giver for all the children at the base, especially the children placed in their house.
- Provide care for all children.
- Offer physical, emotional, and spiritual support to the children on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with the on-site social worker for the development of the children.
- Age between 25-45
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- A Diploma in Child and Youth Care NQF level 4
- Social Axillary worker qualification
- Current Registration with SACSSP
- Police and Child Protection Register clearance
- A Christian faith
- Proficient in English and Siswati
- Experience in a residential CYCC
- An understanding of the Childrens Act and other child related legislation
- An understanding of how a happy and healthy family operates
- Conflict Management
- Leadership and Self-Motivation
- Energetic, Loving, and Patient personality
- Drivers License/ PDP
- This position will earn R4,000 per month with opportunities of future increase. Higher salaries can be discussed based on experience and qualifications.
- This position will earn a standard three weeks (21 days including weekends) annual leave per year. The employee will also be granted one weekend off every 8 weeks. This position will also provide standard sick, family responsibility, and emergency leave.
- This employee will be provided with free housing, food, and job-related transportation while on duty at the center.
- Opportunities of Continuing Education.
To apply, submit CV, qualifications and contactable references or queries with salary expectations to MChildrensVillage@gmail.com by 31 July 2019. For application related inquiries contact 083 4632907.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Michael’s Childrens Village, refer to https://www.mcvafrica.com/?page_id=9
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies