Phakamani Foundation is a Christian nonprofit micro-finance institution that empowers poor women to succeed at micro-enterprise. The Organisations integrated programme of micro-enterprise training, group loans, and on-going support lead to income, savings, and hope for the next generation. The Foundation is a registered not-for-profit, Christian, public benefit organisation that serves people in need irrespective of race, religion, or creed.
Phakamani Foundation seeks to appoint a Development Loan Officer to be based in Alfred Nzo District Municipality, Eastern Cape.
- Actively market and promote Phakamani Foundation
- Select and recruit appropriate micro enterprise members
- Train new members
- Evaluate micro-business ideas and suggesting improvements
- Disburse and administer loans to members
- Develop effective centre leadership
- Perform other general responsibilities pertaining to the position
- Must have Grade 12 Certificate
- Be fluent in a local language IsiXhosa as well as English
- Be willing to live in the community in which they work, have relevant experience that includes working with numbers, some experience in a small business environment, basic math skills, strong communication/people skills and be able to uphold Phakamani’s values
To apply, submit your CV as well as a concise cover letter detailing your interest in the position, current salary or salary expectation and when you would be available to start. Attach copies of your Matric Certificate, ID and any other qualifications you might have to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 086 539 8292.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by telephone.
Phakamani will train applicants with the right skills.
Work in the Alfred Nzo District Municipality covering the Local Municipalities of Mbizana and Ingquza and the surrounding areas.
For more about Phakamani Foundation, refer to www.phakamanifoundation.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies