Lesbian & Gay Community and Health Centre
The Lesbian and Gay Community and Health Centre (the LGBTI Centre) is community-oriented wellbeing and human rights focused services, training and advocacy organisation. We provide direct services, outreach youth and community well-being programmes, support and education primarily to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals and/or communities, Men Who Have Sex With Men (MSM) and Women Who Have Sex With Women (WSW) in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). We are a drop-in safe space and Key Populations’ Clinic.
LGBTI Centre seeks to appoint two Social Workers to be based in KwaZulu-Natal.
- King Cetshwayo
This is a one year fixed term contract.
The Social Worker in the MSM Programme will primarily be responsible for conducting individual assessments and providing therapeutic interventions for MSM and the programme team.
- BA Degree in Social Worker and Registered with the SACSSP, must have a valid driver’s licence
- Support implementation of HIV Programme, as outlined in the work plan
- Strengthen referral linkages within the health systems, especially between health facilities and CBO’s
- Oversee the implementation of the MSM Program.
- Support DoH/LGBTI counsellors and clinicians to conduct case-finding at (ART) sites
- Identify training needs within the organisation and the DoH facilities
- Attend to stakeholders meetings including facility/sub district management meetings
- Manage Social Auxiliary workers and Counsellors
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a social worker
To apply, submit a detailed CV and covering letter with relevant attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in your covering letter the District you wish to apply for eThekwini (KZN) and Cetshwayo (KZN)
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Late applications will not be considered.
Enquiries: 031 3127402
Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful.
LGBTI Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about Lesbian & Gay Community and Health Centre, refer to www.gaycentre.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies