Child welfare durban and district
Child Welfare Durban and district is the largest child welfare organisation in South Africa, caring for thousands of children within the Durban area.
Child Welfare Durban and Districts seeks to appoint a Social Worker for the Wentworth team, to be based in South Africa.
Salary: R 12 374.25
This is a fixed term contract of six months.
- Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required to meet their needs
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients, and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided
- Assessing and planning intervention processes for children and young people in consultation with the colleagues, family and/or relevant Departments
- In consultation with Managers ensuring that interventions and programs for children and young people are planned, implemented and reviewed in accordance with relevant legislation, regulation, policies and codes of ethics/practice
- Consistently maintains the rights and dignity of the individual child or young person.
- Assist in drawing up budget estimates for specific projects, programmes and/or services and ensure that all expenditure is correctly authorised by Manager and Senior Manager is appropriate
- Experience in the social work field of child protection will preferable
- Commitment to transformation
- Knowledge of Child Protection Services
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation (Children’s Act)
- Unendorsed driver’s license
- Registration with SACSSP
- No criminal record
- Computer skills
To apply, submit in writing, include three contactable references, and a detailed CV to the Human Resources Department email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
This is an internal and external advertisement.
If you have not heard from us after two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Preference may be given to suitably qualified applicants who fall within the designated criteria.
For more about Child Welfare Durban and Districts, refer to cwdd.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies