Centre for Positive Care (CPC)
The Centre for Positive Care (CPC) is a Non Profit Organization working in three provinces namely Limpopo, Gauteng and North West, with a vision that all sex workers receive high quality treatment, care and support to improving their quality of life and productivity, and supporting the National Strategic Plan of South Africa in reducing HIV, STI and TB and to ensure greater participation and involvement of targeted beneficiaries in community systems strengthening and reproductive health and rights services.
CPC seeks to appoint sixteen (16) HTS and Linkage Officers to be based in the following Districts, 7 in Bojanala (North West Province), 4 in Greater Sekhukhune and 5 in Capricorn (Limpopo Province), and please indicate in your covering letter the District you wish to apply for.
The HTS and Linkage officer will be responsible for HIV testing of sex workers in the Sex Work Programme, as well as linking and navigating sex workers through referral processes and ensuring linkage to care.
- Grade 10 completed OR senior Certificate (Grade 12) OR equivalent
- Finger Prick Certificate
- HIV/AIDS Counselling Certificate – minimum 10-day Course, which is not older than 2 years from the date of issue
- HIV/AIDS Counselling Certificate - minimum 10-day Course, older than 2 years’, with a certificate for a 2-day refresher course from an accredited provider.
- Understanding of South African guidelines of HIV Testing Services and related quality assurance processes
- Knowledge of HIV, STIs and TB prevention approaches
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Report-writing skills
- Planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Good interpersonal skills, including being a team player
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
- Ability to work non-traditional hours which may include weekends from time to time
- 1-2 years HIV counselling experience
To apply, submit a detailed CV and covering letter with relevant attachments to email@example.com. And please note that late applications will not be considered.
Enquiries: 079 453 4462
Location: North West Province (Bojanala District), Limpopo Province (Capricorn and Greater Sekhukhune Districts).