Saide is a non-governmental organization conducting projects throughout South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. Saide's task is to contribute to the development of new models of open learning, including the use of distance education methods, educational technology and open educational resources.
Saide seeks to appoint a Southern Africa Coordinator for its African Storybook initiative, to be based in Johannesburg.
Purpose of the position is to mobilise and support government and NGO partners, teachers, teacher educators and librarians to contribute to and use the openly licensed African Storybook website and storybooks with children.
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience. This is a major time or full-time contract position until 31 December 2021 with the possibility of extension.
- take responsibility for developing and implementing projects and agreements with key partners in Southern Africa
- manage and develop African Storybook communication and social media
- contribute to the sourcing, development and/or translation of storybooks in Southern African languages
- contribute to strategic planning.
- South African citizenship or permission to work in South Africa
- A relevant Honours or Masters qualification
- Willingness to travel in the region.
Key skills and attributes
- Partnership development and networking ability
- Excellent English communication and report writing skills
- Proficiency in one or more indigenous languages of Southern Africa
- Strong work ethic, professionalism, and attention to detail.
To apply, a written one page motivation, CV and three work related referees with contact details should be sent via email, by 14 July 2019 to: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.saide.org.za(comprehensive details on website)