Communications Specialist, Power Africa Off-Grid Project, PAOP
The Power Africa Off-Grid project (PAOP), is a four-year USAID-funded project to promote off-grid electrification in 18 African countries.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for implementing a multi-year communications strategy to highlight the impact of PAOP activities, raise public awareness, and enhance the achievement of PAOP objectives. This position will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Work with technical advisors to write success stories, lessons learned, and activity reports.
- Identify the resources, key audiences, messages, and communication channels.
- Ensure USAID and project branding and marking guidelines are adhered to.
- Develop other communication tools (newsletters, pamphlets, project briefs) as needed.
- Work in coordination with the Power Africa Coordinator’s Office Development Outreach and Communications team.
- Conduct media outreach campaigns to raise awareness of the project
- Provide news releases to radio, television, and electronic media.
- Design and implement project hosted events such as strategic in-country roundtables, webinars, and external conference presentations.
Requirements and preferred skills:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years or a Master’s degree plus 6 years’ experience in the media or communications industry.
- A degree in journalism, public administration, international affairs or a closely related field.
- Experience working with USAID or other major donors preferred.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Fluency in English required.
Qualified applicants should submit their CV and three references to email@example.com by July 14, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.