mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at 12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The Programme Manager leads the execution of m2m Zambia’s direct service delivery portfolio, overseeing programme sites/communities, and ensuring the quality of Mentor Mother Model support services provided by m2m in Zambia. The Programme Manager will ensure effective collaboration and synergy between the community and facility components of the project. The Programme Manager will manage the Field Coordinators to ensure efficient and effective quality programme delivery both at facility and community level, and will be directly responsible for quality assurance and quality improvement of programme activities. This position will also support the development of relationships with key stakeholders, and contribute to the expansion of m2m’s programme in Zambia. The Programme Manager will lead the initial development of project workplans and donor reports, and contribute to project budgets and forecasting.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field with up to 5 years’ experience and a demonstrated track record in management of public health programming
- Demonstrated knowledge of PMTCT/RMNCH/HIV and AIDS including broader maternal and child health issues
- Understanding of relevant government policy and the public health landscape in Zambia
- Excellent project management skills and demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and managing large projects
- Experience coordinating and/or leading public health programmes in resource limited settings
- Experience in project management including workplan, report, and budget development and management and human resource management
- Demonstrated experience in conduct of technical on-site supervision using programme tools, and implementing quality improvement initiatives
- Experience supporting use of electronic client management tools strongly preferred
- Strong programme design and conceptualisation skills with the ability to think creatively and systematically at all project levels
- Demonstrated ability to design and lead the execution of efficient support systems including creating programme, operational, tracking and evaluation support tools
- Applied knowledge of financial management and human resource management
- Sound understanding of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tools and systems
- Extensive experience in programme development and quality assurance
- Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining strategic relationships at multiple levels including government, donors and implementing partners
- Excellent writing, editing, and grammar skills in English and ability to communicate effectively and succinctly to internal and external audiences
- Strong Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to work cross-functionally under an international NGO structure
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional leader with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible, with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in Nyanja is an advantage
- Valid driver’s license
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via www.m2m.org/careers/ by 05 July 2019