HOPE Africa is a social development organisation of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa (ACSA) that works within six (6) countries in Southern Africa. The organization is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Social Worker Position, based in Cape Town.
The Social worker will be responsible for effective development of psychosocial and other related services to the clients and project staff on daily basis, that will support the Adolescent Girl and Young Women (AGYW) programme implementation.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree
- Proof of Registration with the SACSSP
- Minimum of seven years’ clinical social work experience
- Minimum of three years of supervision experience
- Experience working with adolescent girls and young women
- Human resources - performance management and monitoring skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate a strong professional attitude and behavior at all times
- Problem-solving skills
- Team management skills
- Report writing skills
- Strong assessment and analytic skills
- Ability to communicate well in English and a second relevant South African language
- Computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Police clearance certificate
- Valid driver's license
To apply, email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Social Worker” in the subject line please:
- A cover letter motivating your application;
- A detailed CV (max 3 pages);
- Three (3) contactable references;
- Certified copies of your qualifications
- Certified copy of your police clearance certificate
Clearly mark the subject line: Social Worker
- Deadline for applications is on Wednesday 3 July 2019 at 16h00. No late applications will be accepted.
- Should you not hear from HOPE Africa within three weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- HOPE Africa reserves the right to not make an appointment.