HOPE Africa is a social development organisation of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa (ACSA) that works within six (6) countries in Southern Africa. The organization is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Peer Educator Position, based in Cape Town.
The Peer Group Educator will be responsible for effective day to day implementation of the Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)project.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Matric or equivalent;
- Certificate or diploma in community development or related field will be added advantage;
- Three years of experience in community development and/or community outreach work;
- Experience in working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women will be an advantage
- Knowledge of clinics and other community-based resources for HIV services and post violence care is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in English, and Afrikaans or isiXhosa
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) would be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Police clearance certificate
To apply, email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and state “Peer Educator” in subject line:
- A cover letter motivating your application;
- A detailed CV (max 3 pages);
- Three (3) contactable references;
- Certified copies of your qualifications
- Certified copy of your police clearance certificate
Clearly mark the subject line: Peer Group Educator
- Deadline for applications is on Wednesday 3 July 2019 at 16h00. No late applications will be accepted.
- Should you not hear from HOPE Africa within three weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- HOPE Africa reserves the right to not make an appointment.