SouthSouthNorth (SSN) supports national and regional responses to climate change through policy and knowledge interventions, partnerships and deep collaboration. We do this by connecting people and information, enhancing capability and mobilising resources to respond innovatively to the challenges and opportunities that climate change presents.
SSN seeks to appoint an experienced Spanish speaking Project Manager to be based in Cape Town, South Africa.
Purpose of the position is to lead on providing programme management, quality assurance and reporting, administrative support, take overall responsibility for project delivery and oversight of third party contractors.
- The Project Manager will have oversight and overall responsibilityfor ensuring contractual deliverables on all matters concerning the Gestión 2 project,and SSN’s responsibilities, including:
- Responsibility for overall coordination of the technical aspects of the project, working closely with the technical leads;
- Ensuring alignment and coordination with other SSN projects;
- Ensuring compliance with SSN policy processes and procedures; and
- Acting as the overall contact point for the project.
- Being fully competent in Spanish (speaking, reading, writing and comprehension) is essential to fulfilling this role.
- A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and a positive attitude to work with the Gestión 2 Project Management Team (including staff from the SSN operations, contracts and finance teams).
- Competence and personal qualities of the Project Manager
- Excellent verbal, comprehensionand written skills in both Spanish and English
- Minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in project management
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong budgeting and financial review skills
- Excellent attention to detail•Planning, administration and organisational skills
- Available to travel within South America and internationally
- Willingness to engage in occasional after hours teleconferences with partners, to accommodate time zone differences
- A keen interest in and some knowledge of climate change and development issues
- An interest in and willingness to engage in SSN’s suite of projects both domestically and internationally.
- Residing in South Africa and in possession of a valid work-permit.
- If not eligible to work in South Africa SSN may assist in sponsorship for a scarce skills visa if you can demonstrate your eligibility
- Be based in Cape Town, South Africa
- Experience in working and engaging with LatinAmerican stakeholders, especially government
- Verbal, comprehensionand writing skills in Portuguese, as spoken in Brazil
- More than 5 years’ experience managing international donor (specifically, International Climate Initiative [IKI]-funded) projects
- Professional experience in climate change, environment and/or international development, with a specific focus on climate mitigationthrough deep de-carbonisation in Latin America
- An understanding of the global and regional climate and development landscape and the key actors involved
- Experience in facilitating the use of research into action for climate,or analliedfield.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (preferably Masters) related to climate change and/or development or related topics (e.g. Climate Science, Environment Studies, Public Policy, Economics).
To apply, please complete the Google Form, upload your C.V. and Cover Letter via the following link: docs.google.com/forms
For more informatinn please visit: southsouthnorth.org/careerspage
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the SouthSouthNorth, refer to southsouthnorth.org