SouthSouthNorth (SSN) supports national and regional responses to climate change through policy and knowledge interventions, partnerships and deep collaboration. They do this by connecting people and information, enhancing capability and mobilising resources to respond innovatively to the challenges and opportunities that climate change presents.
SSN seeks to appoint an experienced Junior Project Officer to be based in Cape Town.
Purpose of the position is to work with the project team to so support the engagement at country level in up to four priority countries in Africa for the Climate and Development Knowledge Networks (CDKN)’s Knowledge Accelerator initiative.
- Country engagement support - Support the Country EngagamentManager for African:
- Contributingto the draftingand implementation ofcountry work plans, including scoping country level activities and planning interventions to support knowledge uptake and use.
- Procurement and management of suppliers and services to support country engagement activities in up to four African countries.This primarily concerns countryeventsin Ethiopia, Kenya, Ghana and possibly Namibia(e.g. workshops, capacity building activities, conferences), and may includetravel and accommodation bookings, liaising with travel agents, venue hire and cateringbookings, communication with participants, arranging facilitators and speakers, writing visa letters, printing, arranging materials, etc.
- Project support and reporting - Support the Country Engagament Manager for Africaand the Head of Country Engagement in:
- Providinggeneral support to workshops / meetings, such as setting up meetings, sending out documentation, workshop reportsand collation of input/feedback
- Assist with the day-to-day management of projects, including invoicing and arranging for the payment of suppliers, checking expense claims and supplier invoices, uploading documents to databases, etc.
- Contribute to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning reporting by completing events logs, event evaluationsetc.
- Contribute to the preparation of reportsand project management related documents
- Contribute toan effective and up-to-date filing electronic system for all project-related documentation
- 2-3years experience, with at least 1years experiencein project administration
- A high level of interest inclimate change and development issues
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- MS Office proficiency
- Willingness to travel within Africa
- Excellent attention to detail, and planning, administration and organisational skillsDesirable
- Professional experience in climate change, environment and/or international development, or knowledge of these sectors.
- Photography skills, proficiency in desktop publishing and / or graphic design advantageous
- Knowledge of or experience working on projects in Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya or Namibia
- A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and has a positive attitude to join the CDKN Team in the Cape Town office. The post holder will
- A relevant degree or diploma.
- 2-3 years Project administration plus experience in eventsmanagementand/orclimate change & development
To apply - 1.Complete the Google Form available via SouthSouthNorth.org or at docs.google.com/forms; 2.Upload an up to date CV that includes the contact details of at least two relevant professional references; 3. A cover letter, highlighting key skills you can bring to the role and what personallyinterests you in the role.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the SouthSouthNorth, refer to southsouthnorth.org/