Mould Empower Serve
Since 1986 Mould Empower Serve MES Johannesburg has been fulfilling the needs of the marginal and destitute communities in and around Johannesburg. MES Johannesburg works on a holistic approach of intake, intervention and exit. All programmes are structured to successfully help each client one-step at a time. MES Johannesburg covers all services to ensure each client will have an exit opportunity with a successful outcome of becoming a sustainable citizen.
Mould Empower Serve seeks to appoint the Individuals and Churches Fundraiser to be based in Johannesburg.
Purpose of the position is to administrate, coordinate and manage the fundraising and marketing strategy with a special focus on individuals and churches. Also responsible for Salesforce Administration.
- New Individual and Churches Strategy Development
- Prepare workable proposal for MES to participate in fundraising for individuals and churches
- Co-develop and implement marketing tools & initiatives supporting the organisation’s individuals and churches strategy
- Nurture ties with existing individuals and churches through the strategy
- New leads converted to donors due to roll-out of strategy
- Raise funds through Individuals and Churches strategy implementation.
- Individuals and Churches Fundraising
- To manage, maintain and expand the organisation’s individual and church strategy.
- To co-develop the donor recruitment, donor approach and donor care plan standard operational procedures.
- To compile a projected annual income forecast as per the assigned donors.
- Utilise a strategic planning approach to identify opportunities for fundraising and initiate, coordinate and evaluate fundraising activities from individual donors and possible event sponsors.
- To organise pop-up exhibitions at churches and public areas and offer support for F&M events
- Meet with identified potential individuals and churches to attract support for the mission of MES
- To submit proposals and conduct appropriate follow-up
- To prepare solid feedback reports to donors where needed
- To liaise with programme managers regarding client proposals, requests, and feedback
- To liaise with finance department regarding the financial follow up and implications
- To liaise with support services regarding goods in kind donations received
- Research potential clients and engage at network opportunities
- Maintain database files and records including those used to track contributions and keep accurate mailing lists
- To stay well-informed and updated on the latest fundraising changes and developments
- Corporate and Operational Work Ethos:
- Conduct business according to the agreed upon MES Heartbeat Values
- Submit month report on all activities conducted
- Attend the monthly Fundraising and Marketing meetings and other meetings scheduled to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Ensure that accurate back-ups are done on all data
- Appropriate data capturing and recording of funding status utilising Salesforce
- General Duties:
- Due to new developments of the department duties might be renegotiated within a reasonable scope with the employee.
- Essential Qualifications:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a fundraiser in the NGO sector.
- Drivers Licence
- Skills / Professional Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite
- Excellent command in spoken and written English and Afrikaans language
- Knowledge of trends, techniques and best practices in fundraising and development
- Budgeting experience
- Beneficial Qualities:
- Be innovative i.e. come up with new ideas and suggestions that can benefit the fundraising and marketing department
- Must have public speaking experience
To apply, submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org