Open Secrets is a nonprofit organisation working on issues of economic crime and the link to human rights with a focus on the financial sector in Southern Africa. The organisaiton uses research, advocacy and the law to hold people and institutions who abuse power to account.
Open Secrets seeks to appoint Operations Manager to be based in Salt River, Cape Town.
Start date: July/August 2019
This is a one-year contract period (with prospects for renewal).
This is envisaged as a part-time position Responsibilities:
- Project management: Oversee and provide support for logistics and coordination of large events, meetings and workshops hosted by Open Secrets as well as staff travel
- Human resources: Review practices and provide advice and information on HR policies and procedures. Assist in managing the implementation of human resources policies
- Financial management: Assist in the collation of monthly financial records. Ensure the implementation of financial policies and monitoring expenditure patterns. Assist in drafting donor reports
- Governance: Assist in compilation of reports to the Open Secrets board and funders as well as our annual report
- Strong work ethic, a focus on detail, exemplary integrity and a commitment to social justice.
- A committed team player, with an inquisitive mind, who values collaboration and has an aversion for office politics
- Minimum of three years’ work experience, preferably including in the nonprofit sector
- Relevant degree or diploma in Business Administration/Logistics Management or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the work
- Experience in human resource issues and financial management (including donor reporting)
- Experience in event/workshop organising and strong logistical and planning skills
- Strong writing (English) and organisational skills
- Strong command of basic Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Historically disadvantaged applicants are encouraged to apply
To apply, submit a covering letter, resume, copy of relevant qualifications, and contact details of at least three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line of your e-mail should clearly state the position you are applying for.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Kindly note that applications missing any of the required information will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of the application process.
For more about Open Secrets, refer to www.opensecrets.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies