HOPE Africa is a social development organisation of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa (ACSA) that works within the six (6) countries in Southern Africa.
HOPE Africa seeks to appoint a Finance Officer to be based Western Cape.
This is a fixed term contract for a period of three (3) months.
Finance Officer will be responsible for the effective functioning of the accounting and financial processes that will support the implementation of a Community Response project. This position will ensure day to day financial reporting is in line with the reporting requirements, organizational policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Practice, South Africa (GAAP SA).
- Manage the programme bookkeeping systems
- Provide analysed and consolidated financial data reports to the management unit
- Capacity building of project staff on financial reporting requirements
- Provide regular progress reports for the management committee, local and international donors and programme stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant work experience required
- Proven proficiency with finance and payroll software packages: Pastel Accounting, Pastel/ Payroll
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and high proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to file statutory returns
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions
- Prior experience on a USAID-funded project preferred
- Proven knowledge of USAID rules and regulations ideal
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with minimal oversight
- Strong written and verbal skills
- English language fluency (oral and written)
- Pay attention to detail
To apply, submit a cover letter motivating your application, a detailed CV (max three pages) with three contactable referees, copies of your qualifications and police clearance certificate to email@example.com Clearly mark the subject line Finance Officer.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No late applications are accepted.
Should you not hear from HOPE Africa within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
HOPE Africa reserves the right to not make an appointment.
For more about HOPE Africa, refer to www.hopeafrica.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies