REPSSI (Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative) is the leading African psychosocial support organisation. REPSSI’s vision is that all girls, boys and youth enjoy psychosocial and mental wellbeing. REPSSI has strong partnerships with governments (particularly the ministries responsible for social services, education and health), development partners, international organisations and NGOs in thirteen countries of East and Southern Africa.
REPSSI seeks to appoint Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to be based in Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.
The purpose of the position is to provide over-arching inspirational leadership to a dynamic organisation operating in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment with a national, regional and international footprint. Together with the Board, CEO assures REPSSI’s relevance to the community, the accomplishment of REPSSI’s mission and vision, and the accountability of REPSSI to its diverse constituents. To thrive as a CEO, you must be a prudent manager and inspiring leader with business acumen who will take bold actions to enhance REPSSI’s global standing as the leading African psychosocial support advocate and provider of technical expertise.
Strategic and Executive Leadership
- Provide visionary strategic leadership, develop, review and ensure effective implementation of the strategic plan for REPSSI to maintain its cutting edge in a competitive market
- Guide business plans for the REPSSI programmes
- Ensure effective management of REPSSI’s executive team and day-to-day operations
Strategic stakeholder management
- Maintain good relations with current development partners at national, regional and international levels
- Identify potential/new strategic partners and opportunities
- Ensure active and meaningful contribution to strategic partnerships
- Lead in ensuring the expansion of REPSSI’s reputation and brand through innovative communication mechanisms
- Engage in aggressive resource mobilisation with traditional and non-traditional partners, securing new and additional resources and maximising existing resources
- Oversee the development and effective management of annual budgets
- Ensure proper control over expenditure and report accordingly
- Complete risk analysis on potential investments and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return
- Ensure compliance with all audit requirements
- Sustain an unqualified audit opinion
Research and innovation
- Provide strategic and thought leadership on REPSSI’s key competencies and its role appropriately internally and externally
Programme development, delivery and training
- Lead and assure programme quality through the development of bold programme elements to respond to new research and opportunities
- Organisational stability through the implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, with regular evaluation
Human resources and transformation
- Motivates and leads a high performance management team dispersed in thirteen African countries, and provides mentoring as a cornerstone to career development for the team
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or Management or relevant field
- Eight years of experience in a senior leadership position
- 10 years overall relevant professional experience
- Management of a global or multi branch organisation preferred
- Significant fundraising and marketing/branding experience (not negotiable)
- Willingness to travel – the position requires up to 50% travel outside the local area and overnight
- Strategic leadership and financial management experience
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management practice
- An entrepreneurial mindset with organisational and leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and marketing skills
- Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging programme environment
- Ability to set ambitious targets and drive to exceed them
- Ability to work outside of conventional office hours, and across time zones
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Support and Mental Health in Africa
To apply, submit a one-page written motivation, CV and three work-related referees with contact details, certified copies of an identity document and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present themselves for a face to face interview at the REPSSI Head Office.
REPSSI is committed to the principles of employment equity.
For more about the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative, refer to www.repssi.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies