Technical Advisor to the Power Africa Coordinator's Office, Power Africa Off-grid Project
RTI International is seeking applicants for the role of Technical Advisor to the Power Africa Coordinator's Office to serve as part of the Power Africa Off-Grid project (PAOP). PAOP is a four-year USAID-funded project to promote off-grid electrification in 18 countries in East, Central and West Africa. The project is headquartered in Pretoria, South Africa. PAOP provides technical assistance to key sector stakeholders, including private sector off-grid companies, investors and government agencies.
The Technical Advisor to the Power Africa Coordinator's Office is responsible for supporting Power Africa's Beyond the Grid (BTG) team in the Power Africa Coordinator’s Office (PACO), based in Washington, DC, and Pretoria, South Africa, as well as field-based project staff, to coordinate and implement BTG activities.
This is a full-time position based in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Lead knowledge management among field staff, including: developing strategy documents and market assessments; writing articles and blog posts; cataloging relevant data/statistics on key off-grid topics/questions, as requested, and; analyzing data to inform BTG programmatic decisions.
- Support the Power Africa Private Sector Partners program, including ad hoc support to PACO relationship managers through technical review, responses to private sector inquiries, and administrative duties.
- Onboard new Private Sector Partners, holding introductory calls to assess company alignment with BTG objectives, and; conducting due diligence on new applicants, including background research and outreach to collaborators and partners.
- Broad support in the coordination of various Power Africa stakeholders, including: implementing partners; Power Africa Private Sector Partners; national and regional development partners; US Government agencies; and USAID missions.
- Provide technical expertise alongside BTG field staff on a range of technologies and business models, including: renewable energy; energy storage; on and off-grid mini-grids; PAYGO payment systems; productive use equipment; mobile and internet, and; digital applications.
- Bachelors' degree in a relevant technical field (e.g. engineering, development studies);
- Five (5) years’ relevant experience in areas such as, off-grid energy systems, or off-grid energy business models;
- Familiarity with Sub-Saharan Africa's off-grid energy sector;
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills;
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply: Individuals are invited to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) in English with current contact information and details of relevant experience to PAOPRecruitment@powerafrica-offgrid.org, indicating the position title in the Subject line. The application deadline is Friday 21 June 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.