AQUITY Innovations (NPC)
AQUITY Innovations is a not-for-profit organisation established in 2010. The overall mission of AQUITY is to improve the quality of health and social services in the Southern African region and ensure access to good quality care. The Organisations activities covers: TB and TB/DM management, TB/HIV programmes, OVC programmes, Quality Improvement, health systems strengthening, research and evaluations.
AQUITY seeks to appoint one Research Assistant (RA) / Health Promoter for Enseleni CHC:
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the position is to provide health education to all patients in the waiting room, provide them with information about the study, recruit and enroll qualifying participants to the study using prescribed Research Protocol, collect specimen from eligible participants and ensure that all records are kept as per Research Protocol and facility guidelines and research protocol.
Reporting and Supervision
The RA will report to the allocated health facility on daily basis and work closely with TB and HIV Units.
Direct supervision on the work deliverables will be provided by AQUITY Innovation’s Research Coordinator.
- Provide information about the study to clients in the waiting room
- Provide information on TB screening and ensure all eligible clients are tested for TB
- Work closely with clinic staff to ensure all eligible clients are initiated on appropriate treatment
- Review patient records as part of recruitment, keeping in mind the principle of confidentiality
- Ensure that all study participants are followed up with regards to test results and any other relevant support and information sharing activities as guided by the Research Protocol
- Work closely with the TB and HIV Units within the facility
- Attend all training and staff development activities
- Attend supervision meetings and team meetings as required by the Project Nurse Coordinator
- Keep daily records and a log sheets of all activities as per study protocol
- Capture the necessary information in the electronic system as required
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports as required, with the necessary statistics as per study protocol requirements
- Ensure that all completed forms and registers are kept safe and confidential
- Collect and submit any other related data as required by the study
- Minimum qualifications are a Higher Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work, Enrolled Nursing Certificate or equivalent qualification. A basic degree will be an added advantage;
- Traceable experience in HIV counselling;
- Experience of working in the TB and HIV/AIDS environment. Experience of working at in a health facility will be an added advantage;
- Basic research experience at tertiary or practice level is recommended;
- Computer literacy is a prerequisite;
- Good communication and English writing skills are a prerequisite. Good typing speed is required;
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Good interpersonal relationships.