Ndlovu Care Group
Ndlovu Care Group is a South African nonprofit organisation based in a rural environment, Elandsdoorn, Limpopo Province, which provides comprehensive integrated Health/Community Development services and partnered up with International Partnership for Microbicides for a research study.
Ndlovu Care Group seeks to appoint an Occupational Therapist to be based in Limpopo.
The purpose of the Occupational Therapist (OT) is to deliver treatment to young children with a disability, who is interested in working in resource poor areas, for a newly established disability care programme in the township area of Elandsdoorn, Dennilton, and has the skills to train parents and care workers in the application of daily activities in their daily life and in other daycare centers.
The disability care programme will provide therapy to young children with physical disabilities in a number of daycare centers in the region. The Centre will provide therapy for children with all kind of physical disabilities from birth to 18 years of age.
- Conduct group therapy sessions
- Fulfill administration requirements in line with HPCSA regulations
- Work with a multidisciplinary team and manage and supervise support staff
- Comprehensive assessment of disabled clients
- Manage individual cases
- Run development skill activities with disabled children
- Demonstrates a responsibility towards promoting the educational and developmental potential of all participants
- Applicants need to do some traveling and do home visits to clients
- General practice management (e.g. keeping track of consumables)
- A recognised B degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent qualification at a minimum of M+3 (NQF7)
- Registration with the H.P.C.S.A as an Occupational Therapist and other relevant statutory bodies
- Minimum of five years’ clinical experience.
- Minimum of five years’ working in a disability care
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- Experience in physical/vocational rehabilitation will be an advantage
- A course/experience in Rehabilitation and Functional Assessment an advantage
- The successful candidate must be passionate about working with children and either trained in other therapeutic methods, e.g. Conductive Education, Sensory Integration, Early Intervention or willing to commit to doing such courses
- Active malpractice insurance
- Be aware of the requirements of the children’s acts
- Clearance Certificate for working with children
- Ability to work independently
- Time management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory experience will be an advantage
- Leadership skills, organisational and planning skills
- Be in Good health and physical fit-must be able to obtain a medical certificate of fitness
- Be experienced, dedicated, highly motivated and flexible
To apply, submit a motivation letter and detailed CV to HR Administrator Anita Foulds, at fax number 013 262 3498 or by e-mail to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note that if you have not had a response from us within seven days after the closing date of this advert, you can deem your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Ndlovu Care Group, refer to www.ndlovucaregroup.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies