The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint Shelter Manager to be based in Cape Town.
Salary Package: R 14 600 per month
Job Type: Permanent
- Manage the day to day activities of The Haven Night Shelter – Napier Street
- Responsible for efficient and effective management of operations at the shelter rests with you as the Manager
- All other staff members employed at the shelter are accountable to you in the first instance
- Account to your Cluster Manager and Shelter Committee at its monthly committee meetings for all activities at the Shelter to enable it to fulfill its Governance role
- Ensure sound and efficient controls are in place to ensure the accurate recording of all income and expenses of the shelter
- Be responsible for realising the budget including fundraising, shelter fee collection and cost control
- Account for goods-in-kind donations. You will in addition to the day to day management of the Shelter also be responsible for:
- Ensure that each client of the shelter receives the necessary attention from the social worker and ensure that social work interventions are in line with the mission and vision of the Haven
- Ensure the resources needed is available for the Social Worker and the client to execute an exit plan that leads to family reunification or reintegration into the community
- Develop in conjunction with staff, cluster managers and head office systems that will ensure the best possible level of care for clients of the shelter
- Use your skills and Haven resources to enhance the food security and welfare service delivery to the surrounding communities
- Be an honest, healthy, sober person
- People skills and supervisory experience
- Must be a communicator
- Must have driver’s license
- Computer literate and ability to compile reports
- Experience in NGO’s or a similar working environment will be an advantage
To apply, submit two pages CV, and motivational letter to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in the subject line for which post you apply: Shelter Manager: The Haven Night Shelter Napier Street
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note that if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attached to your application will not be considered.
This is an External and Internal Post.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies