Corruption Watch (CW) is a nonprofit, civil society organisation. CW receives reports of corruption from the public, investigates certain reports, exposes corruption through communications’ platforms and mobilises the public to take a stand against corruption and the abuse of public funds.
CW seeks to appoint a Website Assistant to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the position is to assist the website editor in the day-to-day running, maintenance and updating of the website, with some scope for creative input into the content.
- Provide support to the website/writing team of Corruption Watch
- New content: take responsibility for publishing new and original material and articles from other sites in a timely fashion, in accordance with the content schedule prepared by the website / writing team
- Update out-of-date information on our website, ensuring that all pages are up to date (e.g. jobs/publications)
- Researching and entering upcoming events and conferences, managing events calendar and ensuring that it is regularly populated, and used by internal staff
- Assist with creation and maintenance of campaign landing pages
- Monitor website on a daily basis ensuring functionality, and also that information is current
- Maintain image library for use on the website: download and save images that complement the published text, keeping in mind any copyright implications
- Liaise with all CW units to establish a pipeline of information as part of broader knowledge management function
- Engage with the communications team to ensure that website content is repackaged and posted on social media platforms
- Craft new content and source images for the website from time to time
Technical and administrative activities:
- Assume responsibility for all administrative and related tasks required for website maintenance
- Assess technological tools and requirements for efficient website maintenance and engage with service providers and suppliers
- Prepare necessary paperwork for payments, to suppliers and also for team expenses
- Manage meeting schedule for website/writing team
- Attend certain CW and external events.
- Write brief reports and take photographs to document the event for use on the website and other platforms.
- Website editor: Work closely with website editor on day-to-day running and maintenance of the website, and content pipeline
- Head of communications / digital officer: Liaise around content ideas and suitable images for profiling CW and its work
- Finance and admin team: Finance-related issues re fundraising, and other general administration purposes
- External providers: Website maintenance team, technology partners, image banks, etc
- Management: Attending to ad hoc requests
- Minimum of three years’ experience in website maintenance
- Demonstrable experience in working with WordPress
- Digital media literate
- English writing skills
- Understanding of online environment, digital tools and trends
- Well-developed internet research skills
- Understanding knowledge management systems
- Website metrics and analytics tools
- Some knowledge of current affairs
- Understanding of NGO environment
- Ability to produce high-quality written material in English
- Administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Proofreading skills
- Creativity in the digital environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Technical skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Committed to professional excellence
To apply, submit a CV email@example.com, including with your e-mail:
- A covering letter motivating your application for the position
- A concise CV (not more than two pages)
- Details of three contactable references (including e-mail addresses)
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
If you do not hear from us within 15 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Corruption Watch, refer to www.corruptionwatch.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies