Corruption Watch (CW) is a nonprofit, civil society organisation. CW receives reports of corruption from the public, investigates certain reports, exposes corruption through communications’ platforms and mobilises the public to take a stand against corruption and the abuse of public funds.
CW seeks to appoint an Online Marketing Officer to be based in Johannesburg.
This is a four-month contract.
The purpose of the position is to assist in the planning, development, and implementation of online campaigns and strategies, and in marketing initiatives that raise the profile of Corruption Watch and increase awareness of the organisation’s work.
- Assist in planning and coordinating all digital marketing campaigns
- Work closely with the communications and marketing manager to plan and run digital fundraising activities that align with organisational goals
- Explore and utilise a variety of channels and techniques to maximise traffic and support for CW’s campaigns
- Assist with running social media advertising campaigns in order to reach new donors
- Manage the day-to-day running of Google grant account
- Assist with research and explore innovative ways and campaigns to bring new supporters on board using digital tools
- Gather information and data from online channels for input into donor and board reports and provide analysis on monthly trends
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required
- Communications and marketing manager: Plan and collaborate on all fundraising-related issues and social media campaigns
- Head of communications / digital officer: Share campaign and content ideas with the aim of increasing donations, and raising CW profile through digital marketing
- Finance and admin team: Finance-related issues re fundraising, and other general administration purposes
- External providers: Fundraising CRM suppliers, printers, and outdoor and indoor advertising vendors
- Management: Attending to ad hoc requests
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in web marketing
- Experience in managing social media and online marketing channels
- Digital/marketing qualification – three years
- Experience in e-mail marketing platforms
- Understanding of digital marketing tools and trends
- Understanding of principles of marketing
- Understanding of the NGO environment
- Data management
- Knowledge of current affairs
- Social media metrics and analytics tools
- Ability to produce high-quality written material in English
- Oral and written communication skills
- Administrative skills and attention to detail
- Creativity in the digital environment to communicate in different ways
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Innovative and enthusiastic.
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Committed to professional excellence
To apply, submit your applications should contact firstname.lastname@example.org, including with your e-mail:
- A covering letter motivating your application for the position
- A concise CV (not more than two pages)
- Details of three contactable references (including e-mail addresses)
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
If you do not hear from us within 15 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Corruption Watch, refer to www.corruptionwatch.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies