The Department of Social Development, supported by Ilifa Labantwana, seeks to appoint a service provider to design a quality assurance and support system for early learning programmes that gives expression to the priorities and principles of the ECD Policy, drawing strongly from local and international research and leading practices.
This system has to provide clear pathways and linkages from supporting unregistered programmes to achieve registration compliance, through to assessing programme outcomes.The system should include:
- Identification and selection of currently unregistered ECD facilities and programmes to bring them into the regulatory net
- Support to ECD facilities to be compliant with norms and standards
- Support for registration
- Support for programme delivery
- Support joint learning and sharing of best practices
- Overall practitioner capacity building and ongoing mentorship
- Support with accessing funding
- Support and capacitation on financial management and governance
- Reporting and monitoring
- Assessment of programme outcomes
The service provider will need to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of the ECD sector and drivers of quality programme outcomes
- Knowledge of quality support and assurance systems
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research
- Stakeholder management and consultation skills, including engagement with senior government officials
- Sound writing and presentation skills
Click here for full terms of reference.
Qualified individual contractors/consultants are invited to submit a well-developed proposal based on the criteria below that reflects an understanding of the assignment and capacity to execute the assignment within the required timelines.
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com with subject line “PROPOSAL FORDESIGN OF A QUALITY ASSURANCE AND SUPPORT SYSTEM” by 14 June 2019 before 17h00.
Please direct any enquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark all enquiries in the email heading: “ENQUIRY: DESIGN OF A QUALITY ASSURANCE AND SUPPORT SYSTEM”. This will assist with the expeditious handling of enquiries.