Community Keepers is a nonprofit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of children and youth by providing support services within schools. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from school-based offices and delivers a variety of services to learners including, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Community Keepers seeks to appoint a School Counsellor / Social Worker to be based in Stellenbosch.
Start date: As soon as possible
- Management of school office: Administration of all services delivered at the school, including scheduling of appointments, liaising with referrers, assisting visitors at the office, coordinating school management meetings and general office administration
- Support services: Conducting assessments; providing individual and/or group therapy; obtaining collateral from relevant support systems; giving feedback; recording of the therapy process and recording of data
- Relationship building: Maintaining relationships with learners, educators and parents; involvement in extramural activities; maintaining relationships with community partners and establishing new connections
- Parents and educators: Liaising with parent committees to organise parenting sessions; contributing to professional development sessions with educators
- Programmes: Presenting life skills programmes; ensuring that monitoring and evaluation plans are implemented and performance targets are achieved
- Tertiary qualification, preferably a B Social Work (and registered with the SACSSP) or BEd (Hons) in Ed Psych / BEd Psych (and registered as a counsellor with the HPCSA)
- Experience in counselling children as well as working in a school context
- Sound ethical principles of practice
- Knowledge in the development of creative approaches for interventions for individual and school development
- Outstanding administrative skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Natural ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds
- Passion for teamwork and community-based interventions
- Capability to represent the values and ethos of the organisation
To apply, download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with "School counsellor / Social Worker: Stellenbosch" in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note that the organisation does not consider other documentation for applications.
Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Community Keepers reserves the right to fill this position.
For more about Community Keepers, refer to www.communitykeepers.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies