Chemonics International, an international development firm, seeks an Executive Assistant for the USAID/Combating Wildlife Crime in Southern Africa Activity. This four-year program aims to support the shared commitments of the U.S. Government (USG), the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), member states, private sector partners, and civil society to dramatically decrease wildlife crime across Southern Africa. The purpose of the Activity is to coordinate learning and support strategic regional activities to address wildlife crime challenges. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Acting as a first point of contact with the Executives, dealing with and filtering their correspondence, phone calls and appointments – taking messages and passing these on as necessary;
- Managing the emails and telecommunications traffic of the Executives as agreed to by each, in order to filter, prioritize and ensure adequate responses are given and sound decisions are made;
- Managing the Executives diaries and organising meetings and appointments as well as controlling access to them;
- Reminding the Executives of important meetings to be attended or tasks and deadlines to be met – ensuring that these are attended to or completed on a timely basis;
- Organising the Executives’ involvement in events and conferences (linking in with the Project Coordinator and Communications Specialist);
- Organising and coordinating the Executives’ travel bookings and arranging/organizing all aspects of travel, transport, transfers, accommodation and per diems with the Logistics section of VukaNow Administration (linked to paragraph 3 above);
- Collecting all travel related documents and material from the Executives after each of their trips, collating such documentation and using this to complete travel expense reports and claims within a week of the completion of each trip;
- Completing report summaries of the Executives’ various meetings generally and especially from meetings on travels. Circulating these reports to necessary people as agreed to by the COP and DCOP;
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence as requested by the Executives;
- Managing databases and filing systems relating to the Executives’ personal activities and needs;
- Implementing and maintaining the Executives’ various procedures and administrative systems;
- Liaising with Finance and Administration Sections regarding the Executives’ procurement and provision needs;
- Liaising with the Technical staff reporting to the Executives and especially the Project Coordinator to ensure adequate coordination and integration of functions as well as securing various reports, presentations, material and records from them as required or requested by the Executives;
- Miscellaneous tasks to support the Executives carry out their responsibilities and duties as approved by them.
Apply online at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/ce92c5e5bee5448b86ac4f3d659f3920 by 12 June 2019. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.