mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at 12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for supporting field operations in multiple regional locations by providing coaching and guidance on HR related business matters including employee relations’ issues, workforce planning, recruiting, safety, HR policy and procedure interpretation and employment law practices. This position reports to the Country Director and has matrix managed reporting lines to the HRBP: International Operations, based at Head Office. The position is based in Maputo office.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage the Implementation of the human resources generalist function and the human resources activities as per the Country Office Work Plan
- Coordinate the HR elements of setting up a new office in Mozambique
- Maintain employment contracts and ensure that they are compliant with both m2m standards and Mozambique labour law
- Partner with the business on work force planning
- Partner with the business on talent management to ensure critical skills identification, talent utilization and empowerment
- Line manage the HR officer (if applicable)
- Partner and coach line managers to ensure that the HR activities in the country strategy are implemented and all day to day service needs are met.
- Implement or develop change initiatives, employee engagement and/or team building initiatives
- In close partnership with the Wellness Coordinator at Head Office, implement and develop the country wellness strategy as align to the organizational wellness plan
HR / IR compliance
- Provide support to management to ensure the correct application of and compliance to employment and labour practices at m2m
- Implement HR processes in country to ensure compliance
- Implement HR policies and guidelines, interpreting local employment law and relevant legislation
- Manage all disciplinary process in a timely manner so as to limit risk to the business
- Implement and manage monthly employee information changes/updates for payroll in an accurate and compliant manner
- Implement and manage the in country recruitment process in a timely and strategic manner
- Implement and manage the in country induction process
- Responsible for the completion of on-boarding and off-boarding processes at a country level
Talent and Performance management
- Identify critical skills locally using the m2m talent management process
- Monitor and implement the performance management process, liaise with line management to develop and implement performance contracts
- Support and guide management to create job descriptions and have all jobs evaluated as per the m2m job evaluation process
- In close partnership with the Learning and Development Specialist align, implement and develop the m2m learning and development strategy in country.
- Coach line managers on effectively implementing the m2m remuneration strategy Implement and manage in country benefits aligned with the contractual terms and conditions
- Produce and analyse Management information in country and recommend solutions to country management
- Utilise HR services across HR channels (HR premier, ESS, Silver Soft) to guarantee data integrity.
- Supports managers and owning all aspects of the full employee life cycle
- Drive or support HR related project in country aligned to Head office initiatives
- Ensure that data integrity in maintained on all employee files or administrative documents
Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher diploma in HRM/ B-degree is advantageous, preferably in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience at a Senior Consultant/ HR Manager level covering the entire spectrum of HR work.
- Knowledge and experience in Recruitment, Performance Management processes and methodologies
- Influencing skills and interfacing with senior members of the business
- Well-developed presentation, facilitation and decision making skills
- Employee relations, change management and team development experience
- A fair understanding of employee benefits and reward management
- A solid understanding of labour law and an ability to undertake legal matters
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Fluency in English and Portuguese essential
- Experience in the set-up of a new country office would be an added advantage
- Valid driver’s licence
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 31 May 2019