Gender Links (GL), a dynamic Southern African NGO headquartered in Johannesburg that promotes gender justice and equality
GL seeks to appoint a Finance and Administration Officer to be based in Johannesburg.
GL will offer a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
This is a one year fixed term contract.
The purpose of the Finance and Administration Officer reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support Gender Links operations.
- Manage all aspects of accounting, procurement and regular audit for the organisation
- Support programme with budgets for proposals / projects
- Budget tracking, monthly, quarterly reports
- Oversee the financial operations of the organisation and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, payments, ledgers and supplier database
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for the organisation using Sage Pastel Evolution
- Prepare accurate accounting reports
- Process payments timeously and accurately in pastel using the Sage Pastel Procurement module
- Donor agreements compliance
- Adherence to internal control systems
- General ledger and accounts payable month end procedures
- Overall relation with banks, including opening and closing accounts, negotiation of conditions
- Advices the Director of Operations on the budget follow up and be responsible for the accurate expenditure of the budget
- Maintain the asset register
- Responsible for the External Audit process
- Maintain a proper filing system at all times
- Administer leave management and assisting with Recruitment processes
- Process employee payment contracts
- File staff performance management records
- Payroll Management and processing of monthly salaries
- Human Resources records management
- Ensure Compliance with labour department
- Submit returns to S.A.R.S
- Tertiary education with specialised certification in accounting or finance
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting in the NGO sector
- Experience in pastel accounting software, Microsoft Office programmes and advanced knowledge of excel spreadsheets
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions
- Administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to train staff in financial systems
- IT proficiency
- Ability to handle pressure and is dynamic to change
- Proven H.R. skills will be an added advantage
To apply, submit a cover letter and detailed CV, including at least three contactable referees. All applicants must apply on GL’s online application platform www.genderlinks.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
GL reserves the right not to appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.
For more about Gender Links, refer to genderlinks.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies