SouthSouthNorth is a nonprofit organisation working on projects that promote sustainable development and address climate change.
SSN seeks to appoint a Knowledge Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of Knowledge Manager is to support the KM hub in knowledge management and communications related responsibilities for SSN programmes and SSN more broadly.
- Production of knowledge products
- Conceptualisation and implementation of communication and knowledge management strategies
- Writing blogs/stories
- Format, edit and proof reading documents
- Website updates (via a WordPress or similar back-end)
- Social media planning (via Hoot suite or similar)
- Liaise with service providers
- Tend to media organisation requests, writing and disseminating press releases
- Minimum of three to four years relevant working experience (communications, journalism, public relations, marketing), preferably on policy or climate / environment related issues
- A thorough understanding of online media and social media
- Attention to detail, and planning, administration and organisational skills
- Willingness to learn, be flexible and take on new tasks
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in engaging confidently with the media
- A high level of interest and sound knowledge of climate change and development issues
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Database and Website software, and technology and social media friendly
- Willingness to travel within Africa and internationally
- Strong interest in administration and communications
- Willingness to travel we would also require three writing samples form applicants
- Professional experience in climate change, environment and/or international development
- Work knowledge of French and / or Spanish/ Portuguese
- A thorough understanding of delivering communications campaigns within a non-profit as well as within the international development / climate change arenas is an advantage
- Photography skills, video skills, proficiency in desktop publishing and / or graphic design highly advantageous
- Relationships with both global and regional (Africa) media outlets
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Experience in visual storytelling and graphic design
To apply, complete the Google Form, upload your C.V. and Cover Letter via the following link:
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
SouthSouthNorth will contact shortlisted candidates within one week of the application closing date.
If you are not contacted within this time period, consider your application unsuccessful.
Unfortunately, the organisation will not able to offer feedback on any application made for this job posting.
SouthSouthNorth reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about SouthSouthNorth refer to southsouthnorth.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies