Children In Distress (CINDI)
This opportunity will remain open until the position is filled. Only shortlisted or successful candidates will be notified.
Opportunity type: Funding by USAID for 2018 to 2023
Founded in July 1996, CINDI is a multi-sectoral network of over 200 civil society organisations working with vulnerable children in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). Since 2006, CINDI has been coordinating advocacy work amongst its members to address barriers to the accessing of children’s and caregiver’s rights focusing on creating a culture of rights-with-responsibilities. Key activities of the organisation include research and evidence creation, knowledge sharing and dissemination, capacity building and resource mobilisation. Even though CINDI’s main service delivery is in the province of KwaZulu-Natal (KZN), we also have a presence both nationally and internationally.
Finance and Operations Manager
CINDI is seeking candidates for this position funded by USAID for 2018 to 2023. The Finance and Operations Manager will be the lead expert for financial operations and management. S/he coordinates appropriate financial and management accounting, and supplies the financial data for funders, board, CEO and management use. Contributes, supports, implements and directs financial and other support functions such as human resources, procurement, administration, information communications technology, facilities / building management, governance, risk, etc.
S/he directs, manages and coordinates all or some of the related functions of management and staff. This includes being responsible for detailed project costing, budgeting and pipeline monitoring, efficient resource deployment and use, project accounting and financial reporting systems, cost share and related reporting and ensuring compliance with statutory and donor financial and accounting rules and regulations. The following are the minimum qualifications required for position:
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a closely related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries.
- A Minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting of a PEPFAR- funded activity.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S Government financial and procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
- A valid driver’s license.
CINDI is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with CINDI’s remuneration policies.
To Apply: Interested candidates should forward their applications (CV max 2 pages) to the CINDI CEO Rekha Nathoo at email@example.com with Ref. No. FOM001. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Location: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa (Relocation costs will not be provided for)