The Siyazisiza Trust
The Siyazisiza Trust is a nonprofit rural economic development agency that has been supporting small-scale farmers across Kwazulu-Natal, Mpumalanga and Eastern Cape for over 30-years. The Trust typically helps farmers to increase their harvests, build their incomes, sustain natural resources, and partner with governments and the private sector to find effective ways to fight poverty.
The Siyazisiza Trust seeks to appoint a Head of Fundraising and Media Marketing to be based in Empangeni, Richards Bay.
The Head of Fundraising and Media Marketing will develop and implement an ambitious, innovative and effective fundraising and communications strategy in line with the objectives of the Trust’s organisational strategy to achieve long-term sustainable growth. Fundraising and Media Marketing is principally responsible for ensuring that Siyazisiza Trust is excellently positioned to bring in significant income from fundraising, and to promote the activities of the organisation to the benefit of the Trust’s beneficiaries. Oversees the communication of Trust’s values, work and activities. Oversee the raising of income from a range of sources by prospecting and writing bids, engaging donors, developing the Trust’s relationships with a wide range of partners and nourishing the organisation’s external reputation.
- Lead and develop an innovative and effective fundraising strategy to underpin the goals and to accelerate income growth across various funding streams
- Generate new funding streams and opportunities to increase income
- Cultivate new and steward existing relationships with individuals and businesses in order to raise funds and secure direct support for the Trust
- Work with the Co-CEO: Programme to research potential funding opportunities and make detailed applications to trust funds and potential donors
- Plan and execute existing and new fundraising events with a view to increase income, and with high attention to detail and quality
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects through ongoing business development, networking, connecting, and proposing engagement opportunities
- Represent the organisation at relevant events in order to generate leads, and build brand awareness
- Compile and share detailed reports and performance analyses
- Develop and implement the Trust’s external communications strategy to boost awareness of the Trust and important work carried out
- Lead online and offline communications, including social and traditional media engagement, email marketing, website, blogs
- Strengthen relationships with local broadcast and print media to secure coverage for the Trust’s work, values, and planned activities and events
- Contribute to the development of the Trust’s brand identity and reputation
- Oversee the social media and web presence, and create opportunities for using social media and web channels to communicate the Trust’s work
- Oversee the design and dissemination of communication materials, including the Annual Report and the Trust’s website
- Act as a brand ambassador for the Trust ensuring communication is of a high standard and in line with brand style and tone
- Must be educated to degree level or with equivalent experience in trust fundraising
- Have research writing and checking skills
- Close attention to detail
- Have influential writing and document presentation skills compliment your proven ability to research and secure new funding opportunities
- With an open and participative working style, you are a great team player and able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
To apply, submit your abbreviated CV with contact details of three referees with a cover letter motivating why you should be selected to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Candidates who have received no response within 30 days of the closing should kindly assume that their application was unsuccessful.
The Siyazisiza Trust reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about The Siyazisiza Trust, refer to siyazisiza.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies