CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation is one of the leading and most diverse international civil society networks, with members and partners in more than 100 countries and a staff of 35 people from over 20 countries. CIVICUS implements a range of programmatic activities focusing on strengthening civil society and its role in governance and development worldwide. It also serves as a convener of global civil society leaders through its annual World Assembly.
CIVICUS seeks to appoint an Operations Assistant, to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the Operations Assistant is to provide scheduling and administrative support to the Secretary General and the Operations coordinator. This position involves a varied work focus and provides the opportunity to collaborate with and support colleagues across the operations and programmatic clusters, with a strong emphasis on underpinning operational process and procedure. This position also touches on assistance in development, implementation and support of operational monitoring systems and policies.
- BA in office Administration or similar (or equal office experience)
- Computer literacy: MS Office applications and the internet
- Meeting preparation experience (including logistics and minute-taking)
- Experience arranging travel (flights, accommodation, transport, etc.)
- Invoice tracking and expense reconciliation
- Project management experience/proficiency
- General computer aptitude
- Must be efficient, dynamic, adaptable, and able to manage several projects at the same time
To apply, submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies