Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC
VPUU NPC is a Public Benefit Organisation implementing multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of neighbourhoods in townships and informal settlements. This is done in partnership with communities, municipalities, provincial and national government. VPUU works in an integrated team of community participation, socio economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure development, and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU seeks to appoint a Human Resource Officer, to be based in Observatory Offices, Cape Town.
Salary: R 25 000 per month (Cost to Company) depending on experience
The HR Officer will work closely with all the Areas of Expertise to ensure support, advice and the administrative functions related to human capital is met accurately and timeously.
- Coordinate and assist in the development, interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures
- Support Learning and Development including completion of WSP and ATR
- Coordinate counselling, grievance, and disciplinary procedures
- Coordinate and participate in monthly HR meetings at area level
- Coordinate recruitment and selection process
- Coordinate induction and on boarding process
- Monitor progress of new employees during probation
- Create and maintain a detailed on boarding process for all new employees
- Organising and managing new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programmes
- Manage pre and post interview processes, including reference checks
- Manage time and attendance activities for all level 1 and 2 employees
- Oversee employee health and safety procedures
- Maintain up-to-date employee records and paperwork
- Answer employee questions and addressing employee concerns
- Assist with payroll preparation.
- Degree/ Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Minimum of three years working experience as a HR Officer
- Knowledge of legislation governing HR practices and processes (BCEA/LRA)
- Computer literate with knowledge of VIP and Salesforce essential
- Effective Communication - Verbal and written
- Possess cultural and legislative awareness
- Driver’s license is essential
- Planning, organisation and administration skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Ability to draft and distribute professional correspondence
- Working independently as well as in a team environment
To apply, submit CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications to: VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined by the Employment Equity Act.
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
For more about Violence Prevention through Urban Upgrading NPC, refer to www.vpuu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies