Youth for Christ KZN - South Africa
The organization seeks to employ an Accountant to be based in our Pietermaritzburg office, KwaZulu Natal to work 8hours a day from 8:00am -16:00pm
About Youth for Christ KZN
Youth for Christ KZN, founded on and guided by Christian values and principles, is a nongovernmental organization with its head office in Pietermaritzburg. The organization operates in
two districts of KwaZulu Natal namely uMgungundlovu and eThekwini.
The successful candidate must have:
- Matric plus a National Diploma/ Degree in Accounting or Finance related qualification.
- Previous experience in working on USAID or USG funded grant required with good understanding
- Ideally 3-5 years’ relevant experience working managing in an NGO environment.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel spread sheets and with
- accounting software (ideally QuickBooks)
- Bookkeeping skills to trial balance
- Ability to generate and analyse financial reports
- Demonstrated attention to detail / accuracy
- Demonstrated problem resolution abilities (up & down management lines)
- Good verbal and written communication and interactive skills.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Compile and review monthly financial reports, including bank reconciliations
- Review supporting documentation against Financial Report and sub-agreement budget
- Work with project manager to address and resolve queries related to the financial report
- Work with programme manager to address and resolve outstanding liquidation and financial reporting issues.
- Prepare and capture all transactions, i.e. authorized requisitions, journal entries, bank recons, invoices, bills in the liquidation of expenses.
- Process advances and reimbursement for project and monitor / manage project cash-flow requirements
- Receive and review monthly cost share reports and supporting documentation
- Prepare and submit to Director and Finance Manager monthly income / expense reports
- YFC KZN Admin / Finance team with subsequent budget input / year-end related work as required
- Compile / submit monthly reports as required
- VAT Returns
- EMP 201
- Ensuring the organization abides by relevant legislation and statutes
- Compile and submit to funders all monthly reports by the 14th day of every month.
- Ensuring statements are reconciled
- Monitoring bank accounts, managing cash flow and undertaking timely reconciliations
- Co-ordinating the annual internal financial policy audit and external audit
- Reporting on external financial issues that might impact on the organisation and offering appropriate advice
Remuneration package includes company provident fund contribution and medical allowance.
Suitably qualified candidates with Christian values aligned to the organisation to submit a CV at HR to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 24 May 2019