The CHABAHIVA Trust works for a strong partnership between church and business, leveraging off their core expertise and relationships, to contain the spread and adverse consequences of HIV in the workplace and in associated communities.
Opportunity: A part-time, fixed term work employment
The CHABAHIVA Trust is looking for a dynamic, experienced and qualified individual that can build the Trust’s sustainability and effectiveness as a conduit of funds for the organisations the Trust supports as well as the Trust’s own projects.
Purpose and required outcomes:
The purpose of the Sustainability Developer is to assist the Board and Trust Manager to take the organisation’s partnerships, cooperation, network and operations to a new level of effectiveness. This will be achieved through building the Trust’s stakeholder network, improving the Trust’s partnerships and HIV intervention projects, increasing matching funding and enhancing the public profile and prominence of the Trust
The main responsibilities will be:
- Gain and maintain first-hand knowledge of the Trust’s organisational support and HIV projects.
- Maintain and strengthen existing relationships (with individuals, churches and businesses) and build new relationships.
- Establish new relationships with businesses to build a network of potential funders.
- Develop presentations and proposals to facilitate funding requests and applications.
- Increase matched funding to that of OPM funding.
- Improve effective reporting and feedback to funders, supporters and network.
- Identify vital HIV intervention possibilities and potential partners to broaden the Trust’s network of collaborators.
- Find ways to match possible HIV interventions with potential funders.
- Improve the public profile and prominence of the Trust.
The following qualifications and skills required:
- Relevant professional qualifications or memberships (e.g. marketing, journalism, fundraising)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in NGO management or as fundraiser, as well as working experience in a corporate environment.
- Personal interest, knowledge of and commitment to the need for continued HIV interventions.
- Strong communication and relational skills and the ability to establish and continue healthy working or cooperative relationships.
- Understand businesses’ interest in SCI and BBEEE as well as knowledgeable about relevant laws.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Ability to work disciplined and responsibly under flexible conditions. (Resilient with demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.)
- The Sustainability Developer will initially work under the guidance of the Trust Manager. This relationship will develop into working together as a team.
- A flexible 32 hour/week contract post – working from home (in first phase) – preferably in Gauteng. Salary and working hours will be negotiated – to align with previous work experience and qualifications.
- Regular travelling with own transport for meetings with stakeholders and visits to programmes and projects.
- Duration: A 12 month contract with the possibility of renewal if satisfactory performance has been demonstrated.
- Responsibilities listed above will form key performance areas.
Apply to the Chairperson, CHABAHIVA Trust, and send email with all relevant documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 12h00 on Friday, 31 May 2019. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. CHABAHIVA Trust reserves the right to not make an appointment.