Beyond Zero (BZ) - South Africa
Beyond Zero (BZ) has been successfully implementing comprehensive services across the HIV and TB care continuum in the Eastern Cape (EC), KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) and Limpopo Provinces in the past 16 years; targeting key and vulnerable populations including adolescents and youths, sex workers (SW), orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and men who have sex with men (MSM) and people living with HIV amongst others. As one of the 4 nominated Principal Recipient (PRs) in South Africa to lead and provide strategic management, oversight, monitoring and evaluation on the implementation of the Global Fund grant for the period April 2019 until December 2020. Beyond Zero (BZ) is recruiting to fill the following positions for the AGYW Programme within the Department of Basic Education (DBE) under the GF funding mechanism.
Contract duration: One year fixed term with possibility of extension for 3 years subject to funding availability.
Salary: Market Related
Anticipated start date: 1 June ,2019
Closing date for applications: 12 Noon ( CAT) on the 17th May,2019 .
Based at : Beyond Zero + DBE (Pretoria Head Office)
Reports To: National Technical Officer
Position Description Summary Seconded by Beyond Zero to the Department of Basic Education, job prupose of this Position is to provide administrative and logistical support to the Department of Basic Education in the implementation of the Global Fund Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) programme, as guided by the business process policies and regulations of the DBE, Beyond Zero and the Global Fund. This senior administrative officer role will evolve in relation to the broader implementation of learner support as well as learner health and wellbeing programmes of the DBE.
Duties and responsibilities:
Work within the DBE Care and Support Services Branch responsible for the GF AGYW Programme to
- Provide executive support and administrative assistance to the Technical Support Team and the office of the Branch Head to advance GF AGYW activities;
- Keep track of the project payments and advise the Technical Specialist and Branch Head timeously should corrective measures be necessary;
- Prepare letters, memoranda and submissions for activities related to GF AGYW;
- Develop agendas and collate minutes and decisions of various meetings
- Establish technical support office procedures as well as operating systems
- Liaise with line function managers within the Care and Support Services Branch as well as with other executive assistants and executive managers
- Monitor implementation of strategic and operational documents
- Manage collation and submission of quarterly reports, annual report and monthly programme reports prepared by the technical support team
- Quality assure documents and manage monthly targets and updates of the technical support
- The incumbent may be required to manage some projects on behalf of the Technical Lead.
- NQF Level 6 National Diploma in Public Administration or relevant field.
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage
- 5 years work experience in an administrative support environment.
- Proven administrative support experience of a minimum 5 years in programme management, project monitoring and evaluation, the preparation of progress updates and other documents.
- Experience in education and/or health sector.
- Experience with donor funded projects and working with provincial and national government departments
- Knowledge of how donor funding works in the civil society and public sector
- Programme administration within the education or health sector
- Stakeholder liaison and office administration
- Knowledge on HIV, STIs and TB or health promotion issues pertaining to young people in South Africa
- Strong public administrative, interpersonal, analytical and some research skills
- Understanding of quality management and audits, checks and reporting systems
- Share the value systems of DBE, Beyond Zero and Global Fund
- Able to monitor and report irregularities in systems, procedures, SOP and technical-functional results.
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to travel nationally.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer literacy
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and writing skills
- Fluency in English and one other South African language is desired
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, MS Project, Advanced Excel) Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
By applying for the above mentioned position, applicants consent to qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks on them which form part of BZ recruitment process.
To Apply: cover letters clearly stating Position being applied for, CVs, and copies of qualifications must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. Applicants who have not heard from BZ one month after the publication of these adverts should consider their applications unsuccessful and, any future correspondence from BZ thereof will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
BZ reserves the right to re-advertise the above Position should the need arise and also reserves the right not to fill the Post.
None South African Citizens and none South African Permanent Residence holders must be in possession of valid documentation authorizing them to work in South Africa.
BZ is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates from key vulnerable populations are encouraged to apply