Enhancing Care Foundation
Enhancing Care Foundation (ECF) is a not-for-profit organisation based in South Africa that provides key health system strengthening, capacity building, clinical and non-clinical research services. The vision is to be the premier institute of research and development in the fields of HIV, TB and other related diseases.
Enhancing Care Foundation seeks to appoint a HR Officer, to be based in Durban.
Report to: The HR Manager
The HR Officer performs a variety of administrative functions within the organisation. S/he works closely with all departments to ensure support, advice, remuneration and administrative functions related to human capital is met accurately and timeously.
- Coordinate and assist in the development, interpretation and implementation of policies, systems and procedures
- Coordinate counselling, grievance, disciplinary and appeal enquiries
- Coordinate and participate in monthly HR meetings at site level
- Coordinate and administer company notices
- Monitor progress of new employees during probation
- Ensure all contracts are aligned with provisions stipulated in the BCEA as well as company policy
- Create and maintain a detailed on boarding process for all new employees
- Manage time and attendance activities for the organisation
- Oversee employee health and safety procedures
- Organising and managing new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programmes
- Manage pre and post interview processes, including contacting referees
- Maintain up-to-date employee records and paperwork
- Answer employee questions and addressing employee concerns
- Review procedures for employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Maintain monthly payroll records, including capture and preparation of payroll reports
- Manage monthly statutory records
- Diploma in HR Management as a minimum
- Experience in payroll management essential
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (BCEA/LRA, etc)
- Computer literate with knowledge of VIP or Pastel Payroll essential
- In possession of a valid, un-endorsed driver’s licence and own transport
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience in a similar position is recommended
- Willing to travel between sites
- Verbal and written skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Planning and administration skills
- Ability to draft and distribute professional correspondence
- Strict attention to detail will be critical
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work in a demanding, challenging and high-pressured environment with a positive attitude is required
- Working independently as well as in a team environment, will be expected
To apply, submit a CV to cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org include your current notice period and salary expectation in your cover letter.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have not been contacted within three weeks of closing date for applications should assume the application as unsuccessful.
For more about Enhancing Care Foundation, refer to ecarefoundation.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies